my 8month old still seems to suffer with Colic, PLEASE HELP

rach2307
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:33 pm 
Post subject: my 8month old still seems to suffer with Colic, PLEASE HELP
Hi
My daughter is 8 months old, from the day she was born she has suffered terribly with colic. I must have visited the GP a million times only to get the same reply that she will get better over time and theres nothing we can do apart frm trying a dfferent milk, which we did a number of times and didn't help. We were advised that colic normally stops at 6 months but my daughter is nearly 9 months now and she is still suffering. I'm currently giving her infacol the little use that is, and i am quite concerned now she wakes in the night at the same time crying and arching her back and nothing soothes her, she will not take a dummy either?!

If anybody has had this same problem or may have some advice please let me no it wud be nice to know i'm not the only one. Rolling Eyes
shell1977
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:42 pm 
Post subject: Colic
I too understand what it is like to have a baby with colic, my first daughter was very bad infact she had to have gripe water from a very young age. The gp is right it will pass,( she is now 11) but at the time you just want to do what is right for your baby and you do not want to see them in pain. Have you tried Using gripe water, I know that it is a little strong in flavour but it helped my daughter. I also used to give her a warm bath and then rub her belly gently after. I have also heard that baby massage is good for babies with colic. I noticed a change in my daughter when she started to eat our food, she needed less milk (less sucking air in from a bottle). I now have five children and have picked things up along the way, like rocking your infany gently back and forth after a feed, laying them face down with their belly along your arm whilst you rub their back and if all else fail them a small stroll in the pushchair always seems to help. I hope this is some help, I know how tiring it can be, good luck and take bed Shell
EmmAJanExx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:33 pm 
Post subject: Re: my 8month old still seems to suffer with Colic, PLEASE H
rach2307 wrote:
Hi
My daughter is 8 months old, from the day she was born she has suffered terribly with colic. I must have visited the GP a million times only to get the same reply that she will get better over time and theres nothing we can do apart frm trying a dfferent milk, which we did a number of times and didn't help. We were advised that colic normally stops at 6 months but my daughter is nearly 9 months now and she is still suffering. I'm currently giving her infacol the little use that is, and i am quite concerned now she wakes in the night at the same time crying and arching her back and nothing soothes her, she will not take a dummy either?!

If anybody has had this same problem or may have some advice please let me no it wud be nice to know i'm not the only one. Rolling Eyes
hi..im emma and i have 2 children both whom suffered with really bad wind !my daughter now 8 grew out of it but my son who is now 1 ..was really bad and i changed milk a few times but to no avail!!in the end we treid infacol and gripe water!!but still nothing worked!!i had read that sometimes this can be symptoms of lactose intolerance..and i changed bottles to doctor browns and got a magical medicine called colief on prescription or you can buy it over the counter!!it worked wonders with the special bottles ..my son stopped being windy when we changed him to progress!!good luck and speak to your health visitor about colief!!we kept my son on it till he was old enough for progress!!and feeding times were so much easier!!
rem
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:21 am 
Post subject: is it really colic
i have two children - my daughter used to arch her back and scream everytime we put her down i was told this was due to colic and she would grow out of it at around 3 months, she didn't it took around a year but did get slightly better when she could sit up by herself.
my son, from birth seemed to suffer from the same windy problems but also had projectile vomiting, often coming down his nose. my hv mentioned that he could have reflux and recommened that i go to my gp and ask for infant gaviscon. this seemed to work miracles, but he soon got used to the taste and wouldn't drink it, so i put up with the screaming and upset until i gave up breast feeding at 4 months. i could then add the gaviscon to his bottle and again he settled into the perfect contented baby. i have since read up on reflux and i believe that my daughter did not have colic at all , but silent reflux which gives the same symtoms without the vomiting. please don't rule this out if your still experiencing promlems
eddiesmum
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:21 pm 
Post subject:
can not reccomend BABY MASSAGE enough. the wind an colic routine twice a day really helped my little one, but he really enjoyed the routine, i know some mums are not so lucky.
good luck
x
Samie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi my son was also terrible with colic and I thought it would never end and felt completely useless. I tried various different colic "medicines" none of which I found ideal. My turning point was changing my son's bottle. I came accross a new design bottle sold by Toys R Us. It is curved and has a press in clasp on the bottom, which you squeeze several times during feeding and this in turn dispells all the air from the bottle. From the first time I used this Jamie has not suffered anymore and is happy and content, so much so that I can't get the blooming bottle away from him now....but that is a whole different story!
worriedmom
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi.Try putting your baby belly side down on your lap and rub his back.Also try watching what u eat if u breastfeed him.Avoid foods like onions and broccoli for example.Also make a gap of 2 -3hours at least between feedingsGood luck
donnac5109
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
hello my son is nearly 1 and still very rarely gets colic but my health visiter said as he was premature he may still get it occasionly. try not to swap milk to much because this may make things worst but i tryed aptamil and this helped things a tad. another thing is try not to over feed your baby to much and give cooled boiled water sometimes becaause they may be thirsty and not hungry. sometimes lactoluse and medicenes to help with constapation can make babys even more constapated if to much is giving. and like people have also said baby message is ment to be really good.
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:59 am 
Post subject:
You are not the only one. I am in despair. Benjy is breastfed and has always been windy and had reflux. He is now 8 months and on 3 solid meals a day but we are going backwards fast. He just won't sleep at night now - he arches his back, kicks his legs and screams every hour or so..... Mad
aseluta
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:15 pm 
Post subject: Re: Colic
Hi, plz are u still her? i would like to know what happened to ur baby colic. u posted it long time ago so plz tell when its gone? i have baby girl she is almost 9 month but still everyday has colic Sad
aseluta
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:23 pm 
Post subject: Re: my 8month old still seems to suffer with Colic, PLEASE H
[Hi, plz are u still here? i would like to know what happened to ur baby colic. u posted it long time ago so plz tell when its gone? i have baby girl she is almost 9 month but still everyday has colic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular