Growing pains?

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:57 pm 
Post subject: Growing pains?
Hi. Is my DS (3 end May) too young to be having growing pains? For the past 2 weeks he has mentioned to me about once a day, sometimes twice a day that his bum is sore. Sometimes he asks for a plaster. There is nothing wrong with it that I can tell. Creche says he hasn't fallen hard onto his bum or anything.
The one teacher said maybe its growing pains, esp as he usually seems to comment on the pain in the evenings.
Growing pains in his bum???
Any ideas? Or is he just being a toddler and its something he can say? Thanks.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
Apparently they can have them between 3 and 5 and then 8 and 12, so it could be that Question They're generally in their legs though ,my son had this a bit ago and it was affecting his football and he would actually limp with it (he's 10) and my doc was pretty useless just spouted something about how the long bones are growing rapidly but the muscles and ligaments don't always keep up and it can put a bit of a strain on near the joints Question

She said to give him calpol and that was it and after a few months it stopped again
Maybe your sons feeling it in his pelvic joints Question xx
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hmm, I really have no idea because he touches his bum and says the word bum and sore. He did it now at dinner time, saying his bum was sore and he needed the doctor..... Rolling Eyes So I'm not sure how to take it... Is it really bothering him or is he just being "clever"? xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Could be either with an almost 3yr old , maybe try some calpol and see how he goes, sometimes though with the little ones it can just be an attention thing and if you distract them with something fun they soon forget about it Question If you notice it stopping him wanting to do fun things though you can be pretty sure its real pain
If its a regular meal time thing maybe its more about distracting you from what he is or isn't eating Question xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular