Low sperm count, morph, volume, and motility

XxxchrisyxxX
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 am 
Post subject: Low sperm count, morph, volume, and motility
My partner had a sperm count of only 355 and post exam 3500. We where told icsi would be the solution been ttc for 2yrs now. ALl the results where below the lower reference value of 'WHO' the results didnt come back as percentage. My partner count is so very low alongside the morph, motil, and everything else.

Has anyone else had this problem with their partners ?
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, Im sorry I have only just seen your post. A few years ago we found out my dh had a sperrm count of less than 500,000 and now as a result of icsi we have a little boy who is coming up to 2!

We managed to increase his count to 2million per ml with lots of healthy eating and vitamins before the icsi to help them make the best embryos possible.

icsi is an amazing treatment and they only need as many sperm as you get eggs, so as long as he has sperm you can have a baby, they dont even need to be motile of normal! My dh had 100% abnormal but they explained they pick the ones that have abnormalities in the tail as they cut the tails off to inject them anyway!

If you want to know any more, just ask.

It is such a shock hearing news like this, but you can over come it.
littlecherubs1973
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Chrissy, we have the same problem too. My hubby was diagnosed with the same issue although I can't remember the details and numbers.

We have tried 3 ICSI cycles so far but alas all have failed. However, I am 39 and have a low AMH also so we do have other problems, although the male factor is the main contributing factor.

As you have been TCC for 2 years then I understand how frustrated you must be that nothing has worked yet. Not sure of your full situation, ie. age, and your own fertitlity "score" but as FC said, ICSI is an amazing treatmemt and you should consider it. If time is on your side then the natural approach of healthy eating etc may work but if you don't then look into ICSI. Hope that helps! Wink

FC, i would be interested to know what your partner took that made such a diference in his sprem count. We both eat very healthly and take all the multivits suggested by the professionals but he doesn't seem to make much difference in our case. maybe it's our age also. We are 37 and 39 do both at the lower end of our virility! Sad
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:50 am 
Post subject:
Hi LC, I didnt realise yours was a male factor problem similar to us. There are so many of us over on the ivf thread its easy to lose track!!

My DH took:

Mens multi vitamin
Zinc
Selenium
Maca root (can get this online)
Co enzyme Q10

He stopped drinking apart from a few of glasses of red wine a week, he doesnt smoke anyway but if you do this can make things worse, also no hot baths/ saunas, no tight trousers or pants, cycling is not recommended, anything that heats up that area basically!

With the diet we included loads of anti oxidants so red bush tea, blueberries, black grapes, plums, red cabbage (basically anything dark red or purple on colour)

Hope this helps. This is our last go at fet with our last 2 frozen embryos and if this doesnt work we will be back on this to try for a sibling naturally.

You need to do these things for at least 3 months to see any difference as the sperm is all new every 3 months.

Good luck!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular