Anybody have any experience with Hypothyroidism and ttc?

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:38 pm 
Post subject: Anybody have any experience with Hypothyroidism and ttc?
Postsubject: Hypothyroidism and ttc...?

Right, where to start. I've been gone from askbaby for a good while now. For various reasons. For three years, i have had not only, my bipolar to contend with but physical health issues too. Various tests and confusion, irritation later, and just a few days ago i was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. The cause is not yet known, however it looks like an immune problem. Possibly an auto-immune disease. Anyway. I was ideally hoping to have a couple more when my three are sttled at school. However, for the past year i have had very messed up cycles. Which is a first for me because i had perfect 28 day cycles and conceived all three children straight away. Now on reading about Hypothyroidism, i realise now why my cycles have been so messed up and that it can cause infertilities and miscarriages if conception occured. One i've already had before the children. For this reason, i considered bringing ttc forward and having one more. I have a lot to consider, and if it's the right thing to do for all of us. However i was wondering if anybody has Hypothyroidism, and if so for how long and what's your experience. Replies appreciated. Thank you. Natasha xxx

Ps, this is a copy of a post in ttc x

yorkie101
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism/Grave disease in March of this year, which is the opposite to what you have, although just as horrible. I was undiagnosed for 3 years & suffered 3 mc's in the 1st year & was infertile for the other 2years. But there is hope as once my thyroid level was under control, which took 4 months, we fell 1st month.

Has ur gp said how long you could have been hypo for..??

How much Thyroxine have they put you on, as this will need to be increased when you get pregnant, also you will need to be consultant lead & have regular blood tests to check your thyroid levels. xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, yes I am on 50mcg at the moment, have blood tests again in three months.
Thank you for the reply and that`s good to hear Smile
Will leave it for a while then Smile xxx

JustBrowsing
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
Natasha, do you have Hashimotos?
Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:01 am 
Post subject:
I would recommend that you hold off on ttc at this point until you get your TSH to below 2.5 and your Free T's to the upper third of the range your lab uses. If I were you, with a family history of autoimmune problems, I'd probably ask for antibody testing. Antibodies can "lead" to your levels going up and down while antibodies are active.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular