Anything to regulate cycles?

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:59 pm 
Post subject: Anything to regulate cycles?
Anybody know of anything "natural" I can take to help regulate my cycles?xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:41 am 
Post subject:
There's a few things but some things have interactions with other meds , agnus castus is the one that comes up most often and is even reported to help with Hypothyroidism as it balances oestrogen which can help regulate thyroid function but I don't know if you can take it if you're on meds for your thyroid Question
I can't find any contraindications but that doesn't mean there aren't any .
Vit B complex and Evening primrose oil which are good for TTC are also reported to help some women with thyroid issues , so maybe for you they would kill two birds with one stone so to speak Question x
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:14 am 
Post subject:
Hello, thanks for the reply. I could ask the Pharmacist in Boots maybe? I am on 200mcg of Levothyroxine xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:29 am 
Post subject:
The pharmacist might know but because agnus is seen as a herbal remedy they might not be the best person, chances are if they don't know they will just say no to cover themselves ,
there is a herbal site online though that lists medicine counteractions, its weird what can be a problem as well because the statins I've been prescribed can't be taken with grapefruit juice of all things Rolling Eyes can't for the life of me remember what its called though Embarassed
I know when I was taking the agnus though I couldn't find any sites that said there were any reported interactions with common meds (except the pill which it can make ineffective) and just having a quick google I've found quite a few posts from Ladies taking it with thyroid meds Question
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:47 am 
Post subject:
That's a good point lol. Thank you, i'll have a look xxx

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:11 am 
Post subject:
I ended up getting a hormonal balance vitamin, b complex and epo. Hopefully it'll help. I'm bleeding really heavy atm, using a Tampa super every hour and a half since yesterday. Frustrates me xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:17 am 
Post subject:
Sounds like a nightmare , the hypothyroidism can cause anovulatory cycles as well can't it, which can make them be erratic , hopefully it will work for you Smile
If not it might be worth doing some more research on the agnus castus x
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:25 am 
Post subject:
Yes, hopefully this will help but Will give that a go if it doesn't xxx

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:32 pm 
Post subject:
Well my period lasted five days as it used to so fingers crossed i'm back on track. I have also lost 5lb in the last week, and my bloods show my Thyroxine levels are finally stable on 200mcg. Will keep you updated. Thanks for the help Smile xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular