Interesting article for all TTCers...

wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:31 pm 
Post subject: Interesting article for all TTCers...
Hey ladies
I just found this article which suggests the "fertility window" may be much wider than we all traditionally think it is... thought it may be of interest to you.
So basically there should be regular BDing throughout the whole cycle! Useful info for couples like me and the OH who are notoriously bad at remembering to BD at any time!

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/pregnancy/a/whenpregoccur.htm

Babydust xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:35 pm 
Post subject:
Can see a few husbands out there never being safe once word gets out.. Laughing
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 pm 
Post subject:
Lol! Run to the hills, gents!
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 am 
Post subject:
I think the main thing to remember is past cycles don't predict future cycles , so yes you might have had a text book 28 day cycle for the last x number of years but this month it could be 21 days or 35 days Rolling Eyes Laughing
With my first that's exactly how I got caught , I had a textbook 28 days cycle , had sex just once all cycle about 6 days before I expected AF , so about cd22 thought I was safe then and never got AF because I was pregnant Rolling Eyes Laughing
So I obviously ov'd late that month , same last month I've been having 26-28 days cycles and then had a 34 day cycle with ov on cd 20, this month I OV'd CD13 Rolling Eyes Laughing
I don't think they're saying the fertile window is larger as such as there's still only a set time when you can conceive as the egg doesn't live long ,just that it can be hard to predict when it might be as ov can change , so unless you ov test every month you won't know when you could get pregnant that particular cycle Question
Last month taught me that even the signs can be deceptive as well as I would have sworn I ov'd on cd 12 , had all the signs but obviously didn't Rolling Eyes so I'd say the advice about regular sex is good advice , that way whatever happens you know you're in with a chance Laughing
It's pretty much what all the gynae cons will tell you as well , trouble is who's got the energy for all that BD Rolling Eyes Laughing xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular