colds i early stages of pregnancy.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 pm 
Post subject: colds i early stages of pregnancy.
HELP.

Im 7 weeks pregnant and have a bad cold.

I feel like [*@!#%*]. I ache from head to foot im hot then cold and i have a nasty cough and headache.

Ive barley got enough energy to look after myself let alone Belle. Hubby took the afternoon off to look after her.

Ive spend all day curled up on sofa with a hot water bottle.

Is there ANYTHING i can take to make myself feel better? Ive got some foul tasting medicine that is for coughs and it says on the bottle its ok to take. But is there anything else?

Thank you.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
just paracetamol.. hot baths help and olbas oil :/

hope you feel better soon. theres alot going around :/ x
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
Sad Lockets are safe - but not the black ones, the lemon ones only (don't know why!!!) and try a steambowl for breathing in with a mint teabag in (as apparently you can't use vicks or olbas in pregnancy now) - that helped when I had sinusitis with Samuel's pregnancy... other than that it's just rest, sleep, eat well, drink plenty of fluid and hope it passes soon Sad xxxxx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
hot honey and lemon drink. if you have a sore throat i find soluable tablets work better, maybe because you drink it so it goes straight to the source? maybe just be psychological. Laughing

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:56 am 
Post subject:
Oo I didnt know you couldnt use olbas oil?? I've been using that all week... I used Vicks yesterday too... Oops..
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:12 pm 
Post subject:
In the first three months of this pregnancy I was so rough with a perm cold and bad sinsusitus. I was told my boots and mw that you can use olbas oil as its not direct to skin, so don't worry Rachel! I wish they would be consistent when giving out info. But the only thing that helped me was a hot bowl of water with a few drops of olbas oil and a towel over my head. It really did shift it, plus I used it in my first pregnancy and no issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular