Vitamin Inquiry.

ExcitedBeginners
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:27 pm 
Post subject: Vitamin Inquiry.
Hello everyone!

My husband and I are currently TTC. Only on month two but with all of the reading and research i've been doing I'm noticing a lot of do this don't do that when it comes to vitamins (much more of the do this of course). Currently I am taking folic acid and a vitamin B12. Is there anything else I should be taking to increase the chances of a healthy baby (*soon I hope!*).

Thank you so much in advanced Smile
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
You can buy although they are not cheap conception vits they do men's and women's. might be worth a look.
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
The main one to avoid is vitamin A, and folic acid is the only essential one for you to be taking. But as Banoffee said, the conception ones are good.

ExcitedBeginners
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:03 pm 
Post subject:
That is great thanks so much guys I'll take a look and see what I can find Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:52 am 
Post subject:
You don't even need to avoid Vit A its just large doses of one type (retinol )which comes from animal products that you should avoid, you need it in the form of caratenoids that come from fruit and veg and its important for embryonic growth, beta carotene is the best source Smile
The easiest way is to take a specific pregnancy or conception multi vit though as they're already formulated with pregnancy in mind , the supermarket own brands are much cheaper than the big brands and often have exactly the same content and come in ones for men and women . Zinc and selenium are good for eggs and sperm so if the vits don't have those I'd get supplements (tesco and asda both sell them ) Good luck trying xx
ExcitedBeginners
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
This is all such great information I really appreciate everyone jumping in. We want it to be a surprise to everyone at home so we really don't have many people we can talk to about this and with the excitement I feel like I constantly have a million questions buzzing around in my mind all day long. Back to the original reason for posting I assume that if I purchase the conception vits once I do fall pregnant (*Smile*) I would switch to is it prenatal vits or would I just continue out until they are all gone then switch? (I hope that makes sense).
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
Tesco do a conception and pregnancy multi vit has everything you need in it theyre about £4 a pack and 3 for 2 at the moment.
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
Wonderful and great! Thanks again everyone! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular