Stage 2 Jars....help

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:06 pm 
Post subject: Stage 2 Jars....help
Hi Ladies,

My little guy is gonna be 8 months old on Friday & I have tired feeding him on stage 2 jars & he refuses point blank to open his mouth. If I do end up getting a spoonful in he just gags & makes himself sick or he spits it out.

I am giving him finger food before he dinners like biscotti biscuits, pasta, rusks, crisps, cucumber etc which he takes fine most of the time.

I just dont know what to do as I know he needs to start eating textured foods & my HV is keeping an eye on him now as she said he should be on stage 2 so I just feel completely under pressure now.

He takes puree perfectly & loves it...

Any suggestions would be wicked Smile xx

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
I personally think they find the stage 2 jars hard as they are smooth then have hard lumps in, I struggled with my little boy and ended up not using them and doing most meals finger foods. Also I made my own meals and mashed and mushed graduallt making them lumpier, wirh charlotte I barely used jars and it was all finger food meals and she is an amazing eater, my advice is the more you worry and the more anxious you are the worse it becomes, I feel I stressed so much with archie it had a negative effect on him were as with charlotte I was waaaayy more rekaxed and just went with the flow xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:47 am 
Post subject:
I'd go with mashed up versions of your own food too at 8 months , if he can eat finger food then there's obviously not a problem with chewing . I agree with jennifer about the ,lumps in them being too hard for a lot of babies, as its a bit of a shock after purees and its maybe just the texture of the jars he doesn't like Question
I used to give mine the same as us by 8 months , favourites were things like shepherds pie (no mashing needed) and spaghetti bolognese I just used to chop the spaghetti short , any veg like sweetcorn,broccoli or peas I used to put on their plate as it was, carrots I would mush a bit or do sticks (cooked or uncooked ) but after the initial weaning stage I never used the jars as I wanted them to get used to eating normal meals, I found letting them try and feed themselves helped as well , even if it did mean using their hands at first Rolling Eyes Laughing babies will often put anything they pick up into their mouths anyway so letting them get their hands in their food can be a good way to get them to try new foods Smile and we always ate together as well, seeing other people eating things can help get babies trying things, when i was being sneaky I'd have things on my plate and not theirs as then I knew they'd want to try it Laughing Good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular