need advice please

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:49 pm 
Post subject: need advice please
So last night watching obem I started having 'period pains' disn't really thing anything of it but still felt them every now and then in bed and had to take paracetamol at 330.. I've been monitoring them this morning too as they still seem to come and go and for the past couple of hours have been about every 20 minutes... Could it be just baby pushing down or do you think I need to phone midwife?? Both my other 2 were late so I have no reason to expect preterm labour... I dont want to phone my midwife if it's nothing especially as baby is still moving and seems happy enough.. X
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
I had very similar from about 36 weeks and was convinced it was the start of things, needless to say I went 42+12, but if you are concerned then the only thing you can do is speak to your midwife about it. Hope you feel better soon x

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:51 pm 
Post subject:
I had simular hun and it turned out i had an irritable uterus. Doesnt mean much just that you get a few more niggles and a chance of earlier labour xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:19 am 
Post subject:
I phoned my midwife this morning.. Pains carried on all night.. Not enough to keep me awake but kept waking me up.. She thinks they are just Braxton hicks and told me to ring triage if anything changes.. Fingers crossed they stop soon as im uncomfortable tired and grumpy... Lol x
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:19 am 
Post subject:
I've had the same too, infact its been quite painful but not constant so I've not worried too much. I am actually sat on my sofa now having just taken a paracetamol x

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:23 am 
Post subject:
I phoned my midwife this morning.. Pains carried on all night.. Not enough to keep me awake but kept waking me up.. She thinks they are just Braxton hicks and told me to ring triage if anything changes.. Fingers crossed they stop soon as im uncomfortable tired and grumpy... Lol x
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 am 
Post subject:
I think mine are just braxton hicks as my stomach goes really tight lol. They are just really painful.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:58 am 
Post subject:
I dont know why that posted twice?! I wasn't even online? Lol I think these are just Braxton hicks because the pattern has gone and the closest they got were 15 minutes apart? They are painful though like a period pain.. But now they happening when I move like stand up etc... Rather than timed... X

Jump to:  

Community

Popular