IVF referral..

Jo3x
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:24 pm 
Post subject: IVF referral..
Hello Ladies,
I just wondering if any of you ladies can help me i have a few questions that i didn't ask my gynaecologist..I just heard IVF and all i could think of was 'am gonna have a baby finally!!' Well...seen my gynaecologist last month and she's agreed to start an IVF referral at my next appointment as long as my bmi is up which hopefully shouldn't be too hard..i got a letter confirming my appointment for early february which was great!! but then to my surpise got a letter not long after canceling the appointment and making it another month away which brings me to near enough the end of march!! Sad Which i suppose i've waitied this long am sure another month won't hurt, as i can't see it happening before before the IVF referral..any how i was just wondering what the IVF process is like? e.g how long you wait from first appointment too start? or does that depend of certain clinics also what does the process entail? I didn't want to google to much into it but just wanted some of your stories of the process, also if you have IVF to conceive your first baby would they go straight for IVF for you second? obviously after trying 1 + year but do they go through the whole clomid thing again? or just straight to IVF also how long did you all wait from your referral till appointment?
Thanks ladies! Sending you all lots of IVF baby dust! Love Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:44 am 
Post subject:
Thats great news Jo, not about the delay of course Rolling Eyes
Not had NHS IVF myself but it does seem to vary across the country from reading other Ladies posts, there should be some info online about your particular hospital, some seem to have a 12 week limit from referral to first appointment, but then treatment time would depend on your cycles and their protocol Question
Try's vary from one to three, but if you get pregnant first attempt then you can't "save" the other go's for a future pregnancy Question , as in most areas you can't have IVF if you have a child already, even if you needed IVF for that child , BUT If you're unexplained than there's a good chance that once you conceive through IVF you might well get pregnant naturally next time , I've even seen women have an unsuccessful attempt then conceive naturally while waiting for the next go on some of the forums ,or have an IVF baby then conceive naturally (thats happened on here as the pregnancy hormones can sometimesa clear up certain problems ) then of course there are the women who conceive naturally while on the list too Smile(also been a few on here ) Its good to know the IVF is there, but FX you'll get that BFP before you need it xxx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jo, long time no speak!
Waiting time for your first appointment varies from clinic to clinic. You might be best ringing and finding out what options of clinics you will get so you can research travel, waiting times and most importantly success rates! Success rates are displayed oh so proudly on their websites but you may have to contact them to find out about waiting times.

We will probably be not too far behind you. Got 3 months 100mg clomid then they'll be referring us if still no luck. I asked them which clinics were possible so I could research them.

I shall be losing weight to be fit for IVF as you are gaining it...lol

Good luck hun. xx
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
I had my first appointment and was told it would be ivf we are having and ill be put on the waiting list, the waiting list was 3 month max!! Which was fab news! 3 months later we signed consent forms and had a few blood tests, that was in November, and just got my bfp this week Smile stick little one!!!!

I already had a few tests done previously with my doctor and hospital, it's different from place to place but I'm sure it will only take a few months Smile from starting my medication until now it's been 8 weeks as I'm in the long protocol!

Hope this makes sense!
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:00 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations fayelouise! Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular