crying baby

fern
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:43 pm 
Post subject: crying baby
Has anyone any advice on a constant crying/wingy baby. Due to wind and reflux problems from being born i was advised to keep my little one upright after a feed for an hour, therefore from being born, really she has been in my arms and is now very used to it, which is understandable. I blame this as she is now 5 months and has never stopped winging and crying and has now developed a temper when i put her down!! Myself and my partner are worn out! We have tried everything. She is a very windy baby but I thought she would have grown out of the windy stage a little. I have tried changing her formula milk and now she is on soya based milk to see if it will make a difference. She has colic and still has colic drops added to her bottle. She was also prescriped gaviscon infant to add to her bottle as she was constantly being sick, which has calmed down a little since changing to soya milk. Has anyone else experienced this? Is my child in constant pain or just spoilt as everyone keeps telling me?? (including doctors)....
So has anyone any advice on how to tackle the crying? She hates changing, bathing, massaging, pram walks... everything really! Only happy in fits and starts when being carried around!

any tips welcome!!
Nicki07
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:23 pm 
Post subject: Crying baby
Hi, my baby girl is eight weeks old and has the same problem. She would only sleep if i rocked her in my arms. My HV told me that i had to be cruel to be kind and not to hold her to sleep. I couldnt put her down straight after a feed as she is also on infant gaviscon and was quite sicky, especially if i put her stright down after a feed. I bought a vibrating rocker and i put her in that for fifteen minutes after a feed to allow her milk to settle. This helped a lot and she goes down a lot easier. I sometimes still have to rock her but i dont allow her to fall in ti a deep sleep in my arms. Dont want her to get too used to that!!! lol, good luck and let me know how u get on!!! Smile
spacegrantham
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:14 am 
Post subject:
Have you tried a osteopath to help with the reflux or a homeopath , the osteopath can straighten their body out to calm the reflux down.

Sounds like you need a good sling , a ring sling , pouch sling , wrap sling or mei tai type. see www.thebabywearer.com for lots of information about natural poisitioning slings. and www.slingmeet.co.uk for mums meeting locally so that you can try their slings out.

I think it is quite natural for babies to want to be held I can understand though that yours is an extreme case. She is still only so little. Can I suggest that you shower with her instead of laying her down in the bath or just wipe her over with a cloth she shouldn't need bathing as such.

Hmm she may have a milk allergy because you said the soya milk was better for her , have you had her tested ?

HTH
Kim
Gonigle
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:15 am 
Post subject: Crying Baby
I fully understand what you are going through!! I have four children, my youngest is 5 months and the oldest is 7, I had the same problem with my first baby, she cried all the time unless I was holding her, My hv also told me to take her walks etc to clam her down nothing work unless I held her , the only time I got some time out was when she was a sleep, in the end my friend let me use her baby swing which was fab and she loved that and also my friend told me to get a baby bouncer the ones that hang from the door that also worked, I think personally that babies get bored being put down in a chair or laying on a play mat, they like having company and they think that they are being left, my youngest is a bit like that he is a happy baby whilst with company and loves the attention. All I can say is that its does get better, enjoy your baby they don't stay babies for long, it can't be that bad as I have gone on to have 3 more!! Let me know how you get on.
Hugs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:36 am 
Post subject:
Ref: crying when bathing, pram etc...
You could try a dummy, just for a minute or so just to stop the baby crying for a moment. The baby might forget that they were crying and start to look around and get interested in something else rather than crying. The trick is to use the dummy sensibly for short periods, supervised, just to stop the baby working up to full cry.
Worth a try.

Kind regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular