morning after pill hmmm

kellymartine
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:42 pm 
Post subject: morning after pill hmmm
Hi all!
Its been a while but I'll just come out with it!
During my fertile days between my period we had an accident with the condom. It more or less disintegrated! I have pcos so I keep a period tracker on my phone, they havent been too bad since the birth of my second child. I took the morning after pill around 13 hours after the incident and had my period a week early and ony lasted for 3 days. I now have really sensitive boobs, which I dont usuallt. Is there a chance I could be pg or is it just side effects from the pill. I woulf really appreciate some feedback, thanks all xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:00 am 
Post subject:
Best thing you can do is test really ? It could be from the morning after pill though as thats a form of artificial progesterone and high dose of progesterone can cause breast tenderness,
But if you think you'd already ov'd then the morning after pill is slightly less effective ,
one of the ways it works is stopping ov so you physically then can't conceive,
the other is thinning the lining to try and stop implantation , so in theory it works best if you take it just before you ov as then you get both effects,
taken after ov you only have the stopping implantation effect if the eggs already fertilised and on its way to the womb,
thats another reason why taking it sooner helps it works better as you have more chance of stopping ov if its due to happen around when you had sex the sooner you take it ,
saying that though a lot of women ov on the POP but don't get pregnant just because that also stops implantation , and you had a bleed even if it was early so thats a good sign it did affect your lining which would probably stop implantation, but if I were you I'd still double check with a pregnancy test just for peace of mind Smile xxx
kellymartine
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:56 pm 
Post subject:
thanks Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular