Co sleeping

Loulou86
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:14 am 
Post subject: Co sleeping
Hey! So I want to feel like I'm not the only mum out there that co sleeps! My baby girl goes to bed in her own cot around 7pm but around 12am she wakes and I just bring her in with us. This happens every night and we are yet to break the habit. Me and my partner actually don't mind doing it and love cuddles with her! The only thing I worry about is what everyone else thinks!!! Any opinions welcome.... Xx
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not really against co-sleeping. I just couldn't do it myself for fear of rolling onto the baby but mainly because I hate sharing my bed (can just about cope with sharing with DH) and love my sleep. I think you have to think long term as some end up with them still in their bed when much older. I also think its important to get kids sleeping by their self and settling on their own back to sleep when they do wake.

If you and your hubby are happy with the arrangement then don't worry and it's quite a common thing to do in other countries too.
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
We co-sleep too. Exactly the same as you, he starts off in his own bed but comes into ours when he wakes. I love it too Smile

[/url]
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:08 am 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry what anyone else thinks if you're happy and your baby is happy thats all that matters Smile
I've had all mine sleep in my bed at some point or another, was never a fan though as it would keep me awake as i'm a light sleeper Rolling Eyes Laughing I did find though the longer it went on the harder it was to break the habit (and once they're 2 or 3 they can just come into your room on their own Shocked Laughing ) and I always seemed to end up being the one right on the edge with their feet in my face Shocked Question Laughing xx
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
I have been doing that off and on since my daughter was about a month old - she start off in her own bed (initially her moses basket and now her cot) and when she wakes up she came in with me for a feed. It is only now that she is 5 months old that I put her back into her own bed if she wakes up and even then if its after 6am I bring her in with me.

I wouldnt worry too much about it as a habit unless your baby starts to be more clingy and wont sleep alone - then I'd be a bit worried that I was creating a bad habit. Otherwise enjoy it!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular