pregnancy after c-section??

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:37 pm 
Post subject: pregnancy after c-section??
Ok so i am not on the pill yet because i am waiting for next af. I have been tracking ov and avoiding sex around that time.

I started getting ewcm a week ago and we went bk home to stay at my mums last weekend and i had lots of twinges and the ewcm stopped. I didnt have any ov sticks but assumed i had ovulated because the twinges. I thought it was strange i didnt get my intense ov pains i usually get but guessed maybe it happened in the night.

Me and oh did the deed last night and i woke up to really intense ov pains the early hours of this morning!!

I am concerned because i only had a c-section 3 months ago!! If i did fall.pg would i put myself and my potenti unborn child in danger?

After all the years we have been ttc and the 7 times i have been pg (4 mc and 2 chemical pgs) i have only ever caught when i bd whilst actually ovulating and i as i bd a few hours before i dont think it will happen but i know there is still a chance! Xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
The risk is obviously rupturing the scar. My friend has given birth to her second baby after getting caught pregnant so quickly after a section. She had an emergencey the first time round due to making no progress then was ready for a natural the second time round but as her little boy had passed a bug onto her they didn't want to risk leaving her in labour so emergencey sectioned her a second time round. They monitor you more regular during pregnancy to ensure your internal scar doesn't rupture and same for whilst being in labour. They do say to leave it 3 years after a section for the best chance of having a vbac afterwards but other than that you should be fine Smile xx
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun. I had section for the same reason.

It just scares me if i am.plus i dont want two this close together - because i dont want to much attention taken away from my son. I was also desperate for a vbac next time. I really really dont want another section.

If i am then i will cherish this baby as mych as my son. Just scared i guess.

Also my lp for my last two cycles has only been 2 days so i know my hormones must still be all over the place xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:21 pm 
Post subject:
I completely understand, I had a section as I have a bicornuate uterus (heart shaped womb) and definitely wouldn't want another section. Try the implant, its amazing!xx
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
I have pill ready but just waiting for next af xx

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
I had the injection at my 6 week check. We hadnt dtd either, still havent Rolling Eyes xx

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:20 am 
Post subject:
Aww hun. It was hard enough finding time with one baby let alone 4. We have only done it twice. My sex drive seems to going up but oh has never had a very high one - so annoying xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular