Am i just too nice?

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:28 pm 
Post subject: Am i just too nice?
I'm starting to think I am cos everyone else I know seems to blow hot and cold with me. I don't mean my family, just people like neighbours, etc that you would say hello to. If I see someone, even if I'm in a [*@!#%*] mood, I'll put a smile on and say hello cheerily. Others will say hi nicely one day and the next say it like you've done something to offend them.
For example my neighbour across the landing. She just moved in last year and was asking me to do her favours constantly which I nipped in the bud. Now she says hello with the biggest face on her, oh except from if I''ve taken one of her daft parcels in that she can never be in for, then she's all smiley and chatty.
It just annoys me that i try to be nice to people when i see them but they act like I've done something wrong.
Am I the only one that feels that way? Or am I the only one who does try to be cheery with folk?

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
You are not on your own on this one. I was raised to be polite and my folks are the ones that always say hello. So I'm pretty much the same but I've noticed people are getting more ignorant I'm afraid. Like today at my local gym I held a door open for someone coming behind me, did I get a thank you? Nope!! Makes you feel like slamming it back in their face!!!
I will always be friendly because I think it's polite and I used to get paid to be nice to very rude ignorant people whom I saw lots of on a daily basis. Let them be moody bums and a smile is free!!
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:36 pm 
Post subject:
Banoffee wrote:
You are not on your own on this one. I was raised to be polite and my folks are the ones that always say hello. So I'm pretty much the same but I've noticed people are getting more ignorant I'm afraid. Like today at my local gym I held a door open for someone coming behind me, did I get a thank you? Nope!! Makes you feel like slamming it back in their face!!!
I will always be friendly because I think it's polite and I used to get paid to be nice to very rude ignorant people whom I saw lots of on a daily basis. Let them be moody bums and a smile is free!!

Oh yes that's another one. The number of people I've held doors open for and don't get so much as a smile off them. I would always say thanks to someone for anything they did like that.
I'm same as you and was raised to be polite. My mum is sooo polite to people and I've definitely picked that up from her. I really don't see why people can't be the same. Even if they are having a bad day, that's not my fault.
I don't think I could actually be that way, even if I wanted to.

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:59 pm 
Post subject:
I know that I am too nice. Never gets appreciated and people walk all over me Sad Sad
I try to be friendly as I want people to like me Sad

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
jennaxhx wrote:
Banoffee wrote:

Oh yes that's another one. The number of people I've held doors open for and don't get so much as a smile off them. I would always say thanks to someone for anything they did like that.
I'm same as you and was raised to be polite. My mum is sooo polite to people and I've definitely picked that up from her. I really don't see why people can't be the same. Even if they are having a bad day, that's not my fault.
I don't think I could actually be that way, even if I wanted to.

I agree being polite and friendly costs nothing and I will be the same. I lived in Surrey for years and if you say hello to anyone there they look at you as though you'd escaped from an asylum. I lived in one house for 2 years and no one spoke to me. I'm a believer in what goes around comes around.
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:11 pm 
Post subject:
I'm too nice too.. Fed up of miserable rude people.. Especially when you've known some of them a long time... X
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
I used to be like this until I became ill 7 years ago and then i found out who my real friends were and stopped being helpful towards others unless I wanted to. I must have changed now tho, cos I think I am still welcoming and smily, but it's not until I really, overly show an interest in what people are doing (rather than just being polite and smiling) then they want to be my mate, almost as if how I am initially is a bit stand of ish and me smiling isn't that welcoming.
OK reading that back it doesn't make much sense, but I know what I mean! haha!

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular