waterbirth and induction

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:10 pm 
Post subject: waterbirth and induction
So I am expecting to be induced early due to previous babies size and the size of this baby.. But I was wondering if there would be any chance of a water birth if I do get induced? They are not letting me go past my due date at any rate..

It's not something I really thought about until the last couple of weeks as I find I'm most comfortable in the bath.. With my bh and pgp pains...
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:16 pm 
Post subject:
I expect it depends on what sort of induction you need. If its pesseries or waters breakign and Baby is all fine then may let you have a water birth but if you need hormone drip then will need to be montiored more closely I think.

Just as a point I thought I wanted a water birth but eneded up hating it and got out!
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
Lewis was waters broken and drip... I dont even know if my hospital has a pool in labour ward as theres a birth centre attached to the hospital aswell... I might ask my mw on weds.. X
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
When I was pg last time I planned a water birth but when they booked me in for induction they cancelled it as they said you can't have a water birth with induction. Don't know if it vary's from hospital to hospital.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Your probably right trace.. It's never occurred to me to ask before as I was never really interested in a water birth but just recently the bath has been a god send.. And it made me tthink a water birth might be an option.. Maybe I can just hope to go into labour before induction day.. Lol x
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
You can have a water birth with induction aslong as ur past 37 weeks and had no complications!
Hope this helps x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular