Gross but bizarre question

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:54 pm 
Post subject: Gross but bizarre question
ha ha, my brain doesn't half work overtime sometimes.

When you have a section do they suck up all the amniotic fluid? Or does it just fall on the floor?

Only reason I ask is last time I had my waters broken and jeeesh there was tons of the stuff and this time I have excess waters so it would be even worse Embarassed

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:48 pm 
Post subject:
I thought some may spill out when they do the incision on the uterus and then use suction for the rest. Not entirely sure I'm correct on that.
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
They stick a plastic sheet over you stomach that has like a bag to catch the fluid and blood then they use suction to clean it up xx
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
I heard the suction machine with my second one , sounded a bit like the one they use in the dentist Shocked Laughing mine had gone so there wasn't much to come out just a bit that was tucked behind my daughter, but I remember the midwife saying sometimes if there's a lot they get sprayed by them Shocked Laughing x
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
DL05 wrote:
I heard the suction machine with my second one , sounded a bit like the one they use in the dentist Shocked Laughing mine had gone so there wasn't much to come out just a bit that was tucked behind my daughter, but I remember the midwife saying sometimes if there's a lot they get sprayed by them Shocked Laughing x

ha ha well if anyone is going to spray bound to be me, 1st time round the doctor got drenched Embarassed Laughing when she broke my waters, talk about a monsoon Shocked

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
Dont worry Trace I had to ask the midwives exactly the same question when I had my section. Laughing Laughing

I felt like a right idiot

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
RacheynHarry wrote:
Dont worry Trace I had to ask the midwives exactly the same question when I had my section. Laughing Laughing

I felt like a right idiot

ha ha glad its not just me that thinks of the wierd stuff lol. HOw u getting on Rach?

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
We're all doing really well thanks, Harry loves his little brother and keeps kissing him or smelling his feet and hands (bizarre I know but he is a strange child Laughing ) if Ryley cries then Harry tells him to shush.

I feel so much different after my section this time. I think because it was alot more smoother and relaxed that made the recovery easier.

Have you been given your date yet? x

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:12 am 
Post subject:
RacheynHarry wrote:
We're all doing really well thanks, Harry loves his little brother and keeps kissing him or smelling his feet and hands (bizarre I know but he is a strange child Laughing ) if Ryley cries then Harry tells him to shush.

I feel so much different after my section this time. I think because it was alot more smoother and relaxed that made the recovery easier.

Have you been given your date yet? x

ha ha re:hands and feet, babies do smell lovely tho (well most of the time Laughing )

yeah got my date 28th March Smile definate count down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular