please help

serenityjade1028
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:55 am 
Post subject: please help
Hi
I am 8 wks pregnant and growing restless... i have a couple problems sinus draing causing me to have a constant cough and runny noise. I can not slerp for the life of me... im lucky if i sleep 3 hrs a night. Alot of migrains heartburn and i can not ease the all day sickness... please some one help! My family doctor and the pharmacist told me not to take Immetrex for my migrain its a class c caterory however my obgyn states 25 mg is ok.... i just need to get sleep i feel like a zombie!!!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:04 am 
Post subject:
To me its not worth the risk of taking anything in the first 12 weeks, none of the drugs will have been tested on pregnant women so the docs will just be going off what they think is most likely to happen Confused but in the first 12 weeks the baby is doing all of its most important growing and forming organs and the brain etc. plus at that time the placenta isn't fully formed so it can't filter things out as well .
I used to have horrendous migraines so I can sympathise, but for me personally its not worth the risk, especially if the pharmacist has advised against it, as he may have more up to date info even than your obgyn , the heartburn and sickness is easier to deal with, small bland meals, or even just nibbling something starchy all the time like plain crackers might help with that, the heartburn will be worse when your stomach is empty and that on its own can trigger the nausea . Hope you feel better soon xx
serenityjade1028
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:09 am 
Post subject:
Thanks im just miserable. And my be over doing it. Full time college student, work a 40 hour job plus child care on my days off.... i just need to catch a break somewhere... husband tries to get me to quit my job but i dont know how wed get by and pay bills
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 am 
Post subject:
I'm not surprised you're feeling miserable doing all that and feeling ill as well, I've been there and its not nice, but it does get better the further along you are, your body gets used to the hormones, and by 12 weeks when the placenta kicks in properly you feel much less tired and the sickness is often gone and then you actually feel human again Smile
Just try to take care of yourself when you can,take a pregnancy multi vit if you're not eating much , a nice warm bath before bed can help you relax enough to sleep, if you feel restless at night then a magnesium supplement can help, a lot of women are deficient in magnesium and you need that for muscles to be able to relax and low magnesium can also be a factor in migraines Question
Its safe to take while pregnant but not included in most multi vits just because its quite bulky .
Might be worth a try Question xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular