2-3 children

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:01 pm 
Post subject: 2-3 children
Hi, apologies if this has been asked before but am having a debate with myself about thinking about having more children. I've always wanted three but now I've got a boy and a girl people say that's it then! My husband says he is happy to have another one if I want to!

It's not necessarily how hard it's going to be when they are all young as I know it's going to be more exhausting than two but really more logistically and cost wise when they are older. Like going on holiday etc. Also do you feel that you spend enough time with them?

Obviously those of you with three or more I'm sure wouldn't be without your kids but do you think sticking to two would've made life much easier or hasn't it made much difference?

I'm not sure what I'm asking just your thoughts really please! xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
I found going from one to two the hardest Question having 3 really never seemed any different than having two as I was already used to dividing my time maybe , obviously some things cost more, but a lot of family tickets now give the option for up to 3 children Smile You can still have a normal sized car with 3 , whichever sex the third is you'll have two the same sex who can share if you're in a 3 bed house etc. once you get to four then there are more practical considerations I think .
I had a boy and a girl first as well and people do seem to just presume that you won't want anymore don't they Rolling Eyes Laughing xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
I have 2 children. I always thought id want 3 or even 4. But I now feel different I think 2 is enough for me I don't think I could cope with more and I certainly couldn't giv them the time that I do now. And logistically holidays and sharing rooms would be a problem. Although id never say never to having anymore you never how things may change.

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
I had one of each too then had another - it's great, they learn from each other and have to learn patience etc and helping each other. It was hard being pregnant 3rd time with already having 2, one difficult thing is finding holidays to cater for 5, when youngest was a tiny baby it wasn't too bad but now they all need beds its a bit more tricky but it's worth it! x
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
This will probably sound awful but I do sometimes think things would have been easier with just two. Just getting out and about even would have been easier. On the other hand it's lovely having them all together and playing etc it just is more work. Then again I don't know if for me it's different with shannah having special needs and not walking properly and having four children under 6.

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
It it very hard work with 4. Me and my oh both work full time, but we can't afford not to. I know I don't give my kids enough attention. Sometimes I do wonder what life would be like if I'd stopped at 2 kids. But then that makes me feel ungrateful. And I know I'm lucky to have 4 healthy children. We haven't been on holiday, but my neighbours have two boys and they are always off on holiday's. I am very jealous. Twisted Evil

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the honest replies ladies I appreciate it Smile

I think it's just that things are starting to get easier again now Sophie is that bit older and then to go back to being pregnant and knackered and then knackered with a new born will be hard. We don't have any family near us either so not like there is anyone who can help out.

Wouldn't want a huge age gap so need to make my mind up quite soon... x

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:30 am 
Post subject:
I am one of three girls, and my mum has said not to tell my little sister but I should only ever have 2 Shocked. She obviously loves us all, and we all get on great now we are grown up, but I do think it would have been a lot easier for my parents with 2.

xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:14 am 
Post subject:
We went for a thrid and end up with 3&4 i think it will be hard but you just get on with it xx
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hmmmmmm well u know i cant help with this one in terms of experience hun but..... I think u have a nice gap, they both want different amounts n types of attention n would one more split it more??? Hmm. Im funny about odd numbers so id say have 4 lol.

No 3 can use clothes from 1 or 2 etc n hols do free child places etc n self catering is easier id say too

But more important im broody n our babbas r todlers!!! Todlers i say! We need babies. Smile

X
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
This is really interesting as I would love a third. The hubby doesn't want any more so don't think I'll get another but I do have this debate in my head about the pro's and con's of having more than two. The holiday thing is the con as it would b very expensive and most are catered for a family of 4. But what's one more when you've already got two hey?? I thought I'd get that feeling of completion after having two and be convinced that I'm done but I haven't.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular