Ovulation Kit - no smily face?

Tulip81
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:33 pm 
Post subject: Ovulation Kit - no smily face?
Hi There
I am new to this site - just joined this evening - valentines night whilst my boyfriend is working his late shift me and my dog are sat having a romantic night in on our own!
I was wondering if anyone could share any experiences with ovulation kits with me. Myself and my partner have decided to start trying for our 1st baby. I came off the pill last November as I had been on the pill for 10 years. I have a normal regular period in November, December and January. A friend suggested to me to buy an ovulation kit. I did so and have followed all the right dates etc and tested on the suggested fertile days......BUT no smily face appeared once? It was the clearblue digital ovulation kit where you would see an empty circle for no ovulation and a smily face when you would about to ovulate. I went through 14 tests each day at the same time and no smily faces appeared??? has this happened to any of you? My last period was the 21st Jan (my next period due 19th Feb next week) thanks for any feedback. Confused
Poppy99
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:19 am 
Post subject: Ovulation kits
Hi hun,

Know what you mean about the smiley face, have had the same trouble myself this month. After trying since Nov also, I decided to take positive action to help nature along its way a little. The clearblue digital never showed a smiley face for me either, although I did notice stronger blue lines in the test stick around the time I expected to ovulate. Have read another forum where a lady has not been impressed with the digital sticks, next month I may try the basic testers that you read for yourself and not complicate things with 'too much technology'. Although I did mention ovulation tests to my doc the other day to get his view, he said they where good but you are just as well (if you have a regular cycle) to count back 14 days from when you expect your next period to start, if u have a regular cycle you can work out the next start day from the first day of your previous period, do the baby dance the day before, on the day and for two days after. He seemed to think this is just as accurate and I have to admit a heck of a lot cheaper, think of all those cute baby clothes you could buy with the saving! Wink
Mars6
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, as I mentioned on another post, I got some test strips through the post yesterday. I got a mixture of ovulation and pregnacy tests, 40 in total for 8!! Bargain. I think a tenner for a pregnancy test is a sheer rip off especially when they keep coming backwith a negative result Sad They read the same thing - LH and HCG. The hospitals don't use fancy digital kits they use these in the first instance followed by a blood test if your positive.

They are maybe not for everyone but cheap enough to give them a go Wink
SarahMccarthy
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:18 pm 
Post subject:
hi there,i used ovulation strips that i got from ebay(fertililty plan) and got a pos last thurs,i tested once at 10/11 and got a faint line and then again at 2 to 2.30 and got a really dark line,they do say the best time to test is between 2 and 2.30.i hope this helps,i will let you know if it has worked for me,had a few signs but tryng not to get my hopes up,fingers crossed.good luck to you anyway Cool
Tulip81
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks very much for the feedback which has been helpful and made me feel less like I was doing something wrong. I didn't think to check the lines after testing - I was just looking for the smily face....I don't think after buying two clearblue ov.digital kits at approx 25 pound each I will buy anymore. One kit only provides 7 sticks - I thought you could buy a supply of sticks only without the kit but couldn't find anywhere who sold just the sticks. I found a great ovulation calendar who is useful so will persue with this. thanks again............ Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular