Possible Twins?

TannedLegJuliet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:02 am 
Post subject: Possible Twins?
I am pregnant for the second time and I am about six weeks along. My first pregnancy was six years ago and my starting weight was 104 and ending weight was 144. I was 103 two weeks ago and I am already up to 113lbs. I am popping out already and none of my pants fit. I have been completely exhausted, even falling asleep behind the wheel and crashing my car :-/. I cant stay awake tk save my soul. My boyfriend is a twin but they say the father does not determine if the pregnancy will be multiple or not.

I am 5'6" if that means anything.

Could it possibly be twins even though I don't know.of any twins on my side of the family?[/i]
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
Its unlikely its a twin pregnancy but there is always a chance that it could be... I would speak to your midwife and explain your concerns, in some cases they may be able to scan you to confirm either way early on xxx

TannedLegJuliet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
I have my first doctor appointment on Tuesday. EVERYONE is telling me twins so I am going to bring it up to her. I know this sounds crazy but a few years back my boyfriend went to a psychic and she told him he was going to have kids just like his mom did. Now obviously she had twins, but, she does not have any twins on her side of the family. I have already gained 14 lbs and I am supposedly 6 weeks pregnant (at the most 11 weeks). I haven't changed my eating habits at all and actually cut out all pop (no caffeine) and have been drinking a lot of water and powerade zero.

I am excited to find out either way. One or ten, I will be happy Smile
ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:18 am 
Post subject:
I gained a lot of weight in the beginning and was very bloated by 9 weeks and looked big. There ialways a chance of teins but because the babys are so small at this stage i dont think think that would contribute to weight gain. Its not until a bit later as they get bigger they really make a difference to your weight. Maybe you are holding a lot of water xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:32 am 
Post subject:
As Elp said in one of my pregnancies my weight shot up at the beginning and I even looked "pregnant" very early on but it was just bloating and water retention and felt far more tired and ill than with my others and I got a lot of twins comments Rolling Eyes Laughing but it was definitely just the one baby , with twins women often find they have more morning sickness and feel more tired (so you've got that one) but don't necessarily gain more weight or look bigger in the early stages.
The women I know who've had twins all lost weight in the beginning because of feeling sick Question
Identicals come from one egg splitting, there may be a link to the sperm that causes that so it could come from your BF's side but the "experts" change their minds on that one all the time , fraternals come from you releasing two eggs, that can just happen as a one off or because of fertility meds or some women do it every month and in that case it can tend to run down the mothers side of the family .
You don't have to have any twins among close relatives though to have them yourself though
The only way to find out is to get a scan Smile x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular