completely irrational

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:46 pm 
Post subject: completely irrational
I'm actually really stressing myself out with the fear ofthis baby being as big as her older brother.. I have acknowledged the fact I dontmake small babies but I really feel like I'm being completely irrational about it.. No-one else seems concerned.. I had a growth scan today and shes measuring approx 7lb and the sonographer and the day uit midwife were happy with that as shes only onthe 90th centile.. But I saw her measurements for her abdomen and they were all saying 39w1d... I'm only 34+6?! My little boy was 11lbs... I see the obstetritian next week but I'm so sire theare going to have me as an over emotional woman cos I'm literally losing sleep over how big she is...
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
I would also be a tad upset if they were behaving so casual about it. I remember being told ava was going to be 9lbs, getting very upset and because of that I started using epo after 36 weeks as I really didn't want a big baby, she was born at 37 weeks and weighed 7lbs so i guess she would have been 9lbs had I got to 40 weeks. 11lbs is big and if I remember correctly you didnt have a good experience with your little boy. I think its unfair of them to make you go through such an ordeal again, so no I don't think youre being irrational. I would definitely speak to them or someone else for a second opinion. Voice your opinions and your worries. I would push until they listen. Hope you get it all sorted soon xx

rara1301
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:59 pm 
Post subject:
Definitely speak to them, you're not being irrational and the more stressed you are the less you'll relax into labour. Just give them hell hon xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:08 pm 
Post subject:
I jusy cant understand why I'm so emotional about it? I feel a bit guilty.. I know shes healthy and everything and growing well.. But no-one else seems to see why I'm so concerned about her size.. At my 12 and 20 week scans she was spot on 50th centile.. By 28 week's she had moved up to 75th centile and now shes on the 90th? I see the obstetritian on Monday and my oh is coming cos I'm a bit of a pushover usually.. X
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:17 am 
Post subject:
I would speak to them about your concerns but I'd also try not to worry too much as its her abdominal measurement that's so big, maybe she's just going to be smaller than her brother but chubby Question
After all bellies are relatively squashy so much easier to deliver than heads Smile
They do often get the weights wrong on these scans , plus the chances of you labouring before 40 weeks this time are higher , based on their weight being correct then if you went at 37 weeks she'd only be around 8lbs, at 39 weeks around 9lbs and full term about 9 1/2 as they say about 1/2 lb a week in the last 8 weeks or so, if you've delivered an 11 lb baby then a 9lb baby should be fine Smile I've heard a few midwives say slightly bigger babies actually deliver easier than tiddly 5 or 6lb'ers Smile
Its not irrational at all to be scared if there's a reason behind it , if you had a difficult labour and delivery last time its bound to have an effect, but based on her current weight estimates there's no reason to think she will be as big as your last baby , girls are often smaller than boys and babies don't tend to get bigger with each one , I know a few people who had their second be their biggest and then had smaller babies 3rd time round Smile
Don't let them dismiss your concerns though as someone else said the last thing you need in labour is to be scared and stressed, maybe just talking to them and going over all the things you're worried about one by one and getting answers will help you relax a bit Smile xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular