When did you start to show?

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:56 pm 
Post subject: When did you start to show?
Just wondered when you started to show? My tummy is quite big already and I'm only 9 weeks, I'm not particularly slim, size 12 and finding it hard to get my work clothes on and if I find something that fits you can see my tummy is much bigger... noone knows in work and I dont want to tell them until 12 weeks...xxx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
I showed about 26 weeks ish both times, however at your stage its likely to be bloating rather than actual baby bump, although you never know some show early Smile

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
If u look at my baby bump photos i had a massive baby bloat and nothing fit. I was a 12 as well. I have quite wide hips and i am really tall so i thought it would be weeks but i had a bump by 13 weeks and an obvioua one by 15 weeks xx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks, yes its most likely bloating as I know the uterus doesnt move up (or out, I forget Laughing ) until 12 weeks or so. 26 weeks, wowzers, I was massive with my first at 26 weeks Embarassed xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ELP, I'm quite short, (well alot short at 5ft tall) so any tiny bit of weight I gain it really shows, hope I can hide it for a few more weeks, getting very uncomfortably bloated (if I remember it will go soon enough) xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:25 am 
Post subject:
Generally I showed quite late with my first people still didn't realise at 28 weeks , but with number 5 I had a belly from about 6 weeks Shocked and couldn't fasten my clothes and by 12 weeks I looked about 6 months Embarassed Laughing (I actually got asked when I was due Shocked ) but then it shrunk back down again over the next few weeks and at the end was my smallest neatest bump (thanks to having almost no amniotic fluid Shocked )I was about 9 stone and a size 10 back then , and am tallish (5ft 7).
I think early bumps are just bloating as someone else said , I did wonder if it was down to having more "relaxed" stomach muscles that time Embarassed Laughing but with my last I didn't start getting any sort of bump until 16 weeks Question
I think its just one of those annoying pregnancy symptoms that you either get or you don't Rolling Eyes Laughing and doesn't mean you'll end up with a huge bump Smile xx
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am 
Post subject:
First baby I was 16 weeks, 2nd baby I was about 18 weeks. I didn't 'announce' my second pregnancy as I was having a rough time and didn't want people to pander to me, so when I did tell them people still didn't believe how far I was esp as bump remained small until I had her!

xx

sweetiemonster
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:28 am 
Post subject:
hey! know I'm a newbie but in the same boat ish! I'm only at 11 1/2 weeks and saw the midwife for the first time earlier this week and she said I have already got a visible bump and apparently not a lot of bloating (asked her as was slightly worried about the size I am getting, have gone from a 16 to 20 Shocked in trousers, the other thing she said casually was 'could be twins' could have died lol Shocked !!!) same as you no-one in work knows yet but it is really hard to conceal it! all I'll say is good luck!! Very Happy and hopefully it is just fluid and bloating xxx
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:26 am 
Post subject:
Poppytops I'm also about 5ft and had the same problem. I had to wear maternity trousers from 9 weeks cause I was just so uncomfortable! I only gained 1st 10lb in total so it wasn't weight and my daughter was only 6lb 4oz! Smile a few of my students guessed when I was 10 weeks pregnant but adults are less likely to just ask u outright!
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for sharing your stories everyone Very Happy Feeling quite uncomfortable atm, although I feel the bloating has gone down my tummy is getting big, think I'm putting on weight as I'm not doing my usual rushing around and gave up Zumba when I found out as my instructor recommended I did following a M/C last year.

Raspich, I didnt gain much weight in my first pregnancy either, around 1.5 stones, I had a big bump though and my daughter was 9lbs 6oz Shocked xx

Maiyasmummy17
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
I'm 9 weeks today and I was in the bank and te lady goes when's baby due!!!!!! I didn't have the heart to tell her I was only 9 weeks I thought it was way too embarrassing so I said end if aug when I'm actually due 8 oct!!! I'm so huge I look massive Sad I'm not sure if its bloating it what but everyone's starting to guess now!! Xx
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Aw bless you!!! I'm wondering when people will guess (if they havent already) but I'm adamant I'm not telling anyone until my scan!! Maiyasmummy, come join the October Mummies when your ready Wink xxx

Maiyasmummy17
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
How do I join it lol I'm so useless hahaha!! Xx
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:13 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations Ren! Smile xxx

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
My bump was huge too - I think when you're short it has nowhere to spread itself over! Laughing
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular