am i unreasonable?

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:33 pm 
Post subject: am i unreasonable?
My oh is driving me up the wall to the point that today i cant even bare to have a conversation with him.. hes so ******** selfish..

im 35 weeks pregnant and suffering.. and he just wants to play video games.. all the time..

the physio told me to not iron unless its odd bits i need not the whole pile and not to vaccuum as they put extra stress on my pelvis... so my oh told me not to worry he would do it... so the vacuuming gets done approx once every couple days.. when hes had enough of me nagging.. he told me sunday afternoon he was coming upstairs to do the ironing... and 'never got around to it' because he was too busy playing on his xbox!!! ive ended up standing and doing all the ironing as my children had almost run out of clothes..

every conversation seems to turn back to him and his xbox/playstation and the games he wants.. >< he makes me feel like im being unreasonable... or hormonal.. i just want some help... i run around all day after my 2 boys and he comes home from work.. and sits on his phone or disappears upstairs.. grrr... sorry rant over..
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:32 pm 
Post subject:
No your not being unreasonable at all. I would make sure I didn't do anything for him. Sounds like ha needs a kick up the backside x
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:27 am 
Post subject:
No you're not being unreasonable at all. Understandable he also works full time, but being a mum is a full time role and you're also pregnant again. I would try and come to an agreement were he has an hour of xbox a night, then spends the rest of the night with you or helping out around the house.

xx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:49 am 
Post subject:
Oh dear men are just from another planet. You are not unreasonable, i only have one to watch during the day and I do not get a minute and by his bedtime I'm cream crackered. He needs to pull his socks up me thinks!!
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:55 am 
Post subject:
not at all.... tbh i wouldnt put up with that not preg...... men at times can be soooo bloody selfish!!!!

nic xx

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
At some point men need to grow up they can be idiots!! I know my oh would just love to have time home with the kids and wouldnt wastes it playing xbox, think he needs a reality check xx

nds
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
oh dear! can you sit down and ask for a proper chat? explain he absolutely needs to help out, because you're exhausted! make a deal or some form of bribary if absolutely necessary? (some men are like children in that way lol).. if that doesn't do it, simply take the game/plug/controller and hide it until he absolutely promises! and do it again if he misbehaves again! x
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:33 am 
Post subject:
I'm really going to have to talk to him.. If I can get him to listen.. Apparently he always listens but I always moan... Not getting through to him at all... Getting to the point o cant stand to be around him.. Not good when I'm having his baby in 4 weeks.. ><
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:36 am 
Post subject:
not at all rach. fingers crossed he listens to you.. let us know how it goes xx
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
I certainly wouldnt sort out his stuff (I dont iron anyway unless its important - we just tumble dry and hang straight up or I hang up to dry so it wont be creased.)

Men are so lazy - Since Ive been at home my husband has become sooooo lazy, we used to share most jobs and now they're all my job, as well as looking after our daughter.

They always say its nagging, cause then you feel bad about asking! GITS!!
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:51 am 
Post subject:
i had the exact same prob with my hubby, with the playstation. now its only allowed on after boys r in bed and when all jobs are done AND it goes off by 11! so all in alll if he was spendin time with boys getting jobs done. he was stil getting four hours on it b4 bedtime. same goes for tele watching itself!
i know it snounds like im bin a parent but i was at the end of patiences and so he was told it hv to go if there wasnt any rules. this also applies to wii, internet and phones and to both me and him.mso its fair
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:13 am 
Post subject:
We had words on Saturday (with lots of tears) so far seems to have helped.. Hes helping out more and spending more time with th boys on an evening.. Not sure how long it will last but ita better for now.. Xx
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:32 am 
Post subject:
awww. that's great that's he's helping! fingers crossed he stays like that, xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular