blood pressure

jessica828
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:04 pm 
Post subject: blood pressure
has any one here, had higher blood pressure during pregnancy than before? I have havent reached 'high risk' yet but still am a bit worried.
nev
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:17 am 
Post subject:
I've got high blood pressure too but I had this diagnosed before I got pregnant. I'm having to take a beta blocker twice a day which is perfectly safe. If your really worried talk to your GP, perhaps they can suggest some medication or just to keep a closer eye on it. The good news is that your aware of it and it will be fine. I've now been reffered to a consultant. You could get a monitor to use at home and do a daily diary morning and night. This is what I did before I was diagnosed and it helped to show patterns, if you see any high readings that worry you then you will have the daily diary to show the Dr. But really I'd say dont panic about it, that would just make matters worse, use it as an excuse to relax more, put your feet up, I'm sure that you and baby will be absolutely fine xx
gingin
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
i have the opposite very very low blood pressure i also have a mild heart murmur !! - so may have to take iron supps etc and have to make sure i eat etc already had one bout of light headedness when i felt like i was at sea in storm force wind !! apparently your blood thins during pregnancy and your heart works 50% more - if you are in any doubt whatsoever speak to your doctor and if necessary get a second opinion
try to take it easy this is the time your baby needs to grow healthy and strong - aviod stress and pass the buck to others for a change !! i know easier said than done but try
xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular