November 2013

Amymel86
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:05 am 
Post subject:
nds wrote:
hey.. have now had some flashing spots but i have had these a couple of times throughout pregnancy.. googled pre-eclampsia and i really don't think i have it - my bp has been good throughout, as baby was growing small for a bit, was scanned and placenta and blood flow was all normal. i have no other symptoms described just this occasional annoying eye spots.. have had a couple of headaches throughout, one even lasting over 36 hours but all sounds like normal pregnancy stuff to me? xxx

Hi - how are you now?

I've never had the flashing spots so not sure what that's all about - I would still call your GP/midwife if I were you. Hope everything's ok.
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
hey Smile woke up with a headache but am just putting everything down to tiredness.. may call someone tomorrow just to double check it's all normal. thankyou, how are you doing? xx
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:12 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,

Not been on for a while as busy nesting and in slow labour since bloody wednesday last week!

I dont believe it but heh ho.

It all started Tuesday, regular what i think are braxton hicks, 3 in an hour, pressure down below, diarrhea. I went to see a MW who was not my normal midwife, she was lovely, said urine showing leukocytes so could have uti, but she said im measuring 40 weeks and head is completely engaged so thinks more likely slow labour that could still last a couple of weeks Shocked

I only saw my MW the 6 days before who measured me at 36 weeks and not engaged so in 6 days I had gone from 36 to 40?! and fully engaged?! Is that possible?

I started mat leave immediately as so exhausted and I'm still here, same symptoms and still bloody exhausted! They wouldn't give me antibiotics until specimen result back.still having on off diarrhea and pains. Fed up.com

I have tried to feel my cervix but cant feel anything?

Thinking of pineapple, curry, clary sage and evening primrose oil. SOmeone said ingesting sperm is another good way but there is not a chance in hell that one is gonna happen lol boak!
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:34 am 
Post subject:
Ingesting sperm doesn't work as it's destroyed in your stomach, if it did they wouldn't put the pessary down below would they Wink Laughing but sex theoretically can help soften the cervix as the prostaglandins can work were they need to. Not that it ever did anything but trigger painful BH's for me Rolling Eyes Sorry for interrupting by the way Embarassed but I felt I had to save you from that particular old wives tale which I'm sure is actually spread by men Rolling Eyes Laughing Oh and the clary sage worked a treat for my DD when she was in early labour, Good luck xxx
nds
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:20 am 
Post subject:
yeah perhaps one of them will work considering you're already in slow labour.. as above though regardin the sperm thing!

hubby starts new job on 11th nov, my next appointment at hospital is on 7th when i will be 40+1 - what do you think my chances are of having them give me a sweep/inducing me before 11th? only oh will be a minimum of three hours away from 11-14th i think.. obviously the last thing i want is for him to miss it Sad and i have a feeling she will stay cosy and warm in there until told otherwise! xxx
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

Another fed up pregnant lady here lol. Went to midwife today and she couldnt do sweep Sad Cervix was closed and high, she could barely reach it doesnt look like Im going to go into labour any time soon. Booooo Sad Have a sweep with consultant on due date on 5th and then another with midwife at 41 weeks if needed. Fed up now, swelling is getting worse in my feet and spreading up my legs and the carpel tunnel in my right hand is getting worse every day, feels like constant pins and needles and tingling.
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
oh, claire sorry to hear that Sad lets hope little one arrives before due date then.. got my fingers crossed for you. i'm v fed up too xxxxx
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
im fed up too! Sad ive got a parent class tomorrow night and then consultant on thur.... slept well last night for a change!! swelling is bad for me too Sad 9 days and counting for me ( i hope) was meant to do a stoke walk yesterday but no rooms to show us as they were busy, u can bet they will be busy on induction day and it'll be delayed knowing my luck :/
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
wish i could sleep xxx
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
Tell me about it nds Ive forgotten what its like to have a full nights sleep and the most embarassing thing is Im snoring :/ Ive never snored in my life, Im already sleeping propped up to try and stop it but its not helping Sad I keep waking poor o/h up. I think I got up 5 times last night for the loo.
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:33 am 
Post subject:
oh dear Sad ah don't worry about oh, it'll be the norm to be awake so much during the night soon i'm sure.. as for the toilet trips, i actually lose count..

anybody see my question earlier ^? xxx
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:28 am 
Post subject:
Id say your chances of induction are pretty slim unless theres a medical reason for it before the 11th, you may get a sweep though. It really depends on your midwife and nhs trust and what their policies are regarding 1st babys. Cant do no harm to ask x
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
Think I'm going loopy!....I woke up for a pee last night and was absolutely convinced that I was soaked down there - it honestly felt like warm liquid was going down my thigh. I thought - ahhh - this is it!

....went to the loo and I was BONE DRY - What the hell is wrong with me?!?!? Confused
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Amymel86 wrote:
Think I'm going loopy!....I woke up for a pee last night and was absolutely convinced that I was soaked down there - it honestly felt like warm liquid was going down my thigh. I thought - ahhh - this is it!

....went to the loo and I was BONE DRY - What the hell is wrong with me?!?!? Confused

We're that desperate for them to come out now I think thats what its down to lol Laughing
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
thanks claire - oh had a call this afternoon from the company recruitment lady, they all know we are expected a baby in the next few weeks - he has to be the three hours away on the 11th but theyre not starting their training for the three new recruits til our little girl arrives! how lovely is that. very considerate. hope she doesnt come on the 11th then haha.

lol amy Laughing i've done that a couple of times.. perhaps we are tricking ourselves hahah xxx
Page 15 of 24

Jump to:  

Community

Popular