November 2013

XXMrsSXX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
i'm Louise. i'm a nurse from west Yorkshire and got married last November Smile took us just short of 5 yrs to conceive this baby and were over the moon at success with IVF, after failed clomid, ovarian drilling, acupuncture.
We live in west Yorkshire, I suppose nearest place most would know is leeds, but near skipton really.
People keep telling me I look huge!!! Shocked and so far ive prob put on 2.5 stone so im freaking out!!!!! Sad Sad getting very bad swelling etc, want to finish work now too as the long shifts don't help Sad still cant believe we are having a baby, even though he or she is very active these days Very Happy

Louise xxxx
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:48 am 
Post subject:
Sarah I recognise the place name Bishops Stortford but Ive never been there I just looked it up on google maps and its about 55 minutes from where I am.

Hey Donna & Louise Very Happy It seems a lot of us havent had easy journeys to get pregnant.

I havent weighed myself for about 2 months so have no idea of my gain, I will weigh myself when Im right at the end just so I know what I gained throughout but thats it. I have struggled to eat as healthily as I planned and my appetite has been hard to control at times because I just want junk. :/ We went to kiddicare at the weekend , never been there before and I loved it. We got a great changing table that has all trays and compartments on and a bath concealed under the changing mat which was on offer at £39. Now Im just selling a few things on ebay to hopefully pay for a bouncy chair and a few other bits.
Not looking forward to this whooping cough jab tomorrow , not bothered about the injection but more so the side effects and baby.
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Ladies

Amy from Bournemouth here!

How’s everyone doing? I’ve kind of stayed away from this thread (even though I started it Laughing ) as after 3 MCs, felt like I didn’t want to invest too much emotion into things in case the worst happened again. Now that I will be 27 weeks on Thursday (is that in the third trimester?) – I feel a lot more ‘safe’.

Cannot wait till I finish work now though as starting to feel very uncomfortable sat at my desk. People keep telling me I’m big but I think that it’s because ‘the other pregnant lady’ in the office had a very neat little bump right till the very end.
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:34 am 
Post subject:
Hey Amy, I know exactly how you are feeling. Only now am I kind of accepting things but I still worry a lot about it being taken away from us, it crosses my mind every time we make a purchase Sad I then think to myself have we just jinxed it.

Well ladies I had midwife yesteday, my urine sample showed ++ glucose which I dont know whether its because I had some biscuits before I left for the appointment Question also though at 28 weeks she said baby is measuring big at 33 weeks Shocked So the two coupled together could indicate gestational diabetes. She's booked me in for a growth scan friday and then we go from there. Am freaking out a bit about a giant baby now as my o/h has been joking over the past few weeks showing me massive babies and saying imagine that! Im sure he has jinxed me!
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:48 am 
Post subject:
im seeing the midwide this morning, im worried i will measure early, but they already have me in for GTT and growth scan as im high risk of getting GD. So far i tested my urine at work last week and no glucose, but i did have protein and ketones (see what it is today).

Keep us posted what they say xx
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Nutty & MrsS

What will happen if you test positive for GD?

I have a glucose test as standard next week as I have a high BMI.
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
Ive got no idea Amy from what Ive read online it depends what type, one you just control with a special diet and the other needs insulin injections. None of that bothers me as long as baby is ok its just the big baby part freaks me out as me and my o/h joked how these really big 13lb ones look like cabbage patch dolls and not overly cute. Be just my luck she's a giant lol! If she is big Im asking for c section lol
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:53 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

I worry every time I buy something too but just got to be positive!!

My cousin had gd with both her pregnancies and they monitored her and think they induced her at 38wks, they weren't giant babies!!!

I feel huge but keep being told I'm quite neat still - not sure who I believe but know its pretty much the last few times my hoody will go over the bump!! We've got it all going on over the next few weeks, christening, wedding and my mums surprise birthday party so reckOn I'll get a good idea of how big I am when people see me!!

I'm still not sure about whooping cough jab, it worries me having a jab during pregnancy - I was offered the swine flu one when pregnant with Tilly and declined that and apparently there's no proof the immunity goes through to the baby Question

When's everyone finishing work? I was going to work until end of October but I'm thinking I might pull that forward now especially as cramp and needing wee keeps me up at night - feel like I don't sleep!!

Claire, let us know how your scan goes xx

donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies!

Nice to see so many posts on here!

I had 28 week midwife app this morning, took blood, BP was low, urine clear and measuring 27 weeks which as I'm not 28 weeks until monday I'm not bothered about. She has referred me to the physio for SPD reluctantly. Anyone would think they get a bonus or something if they dont! SHe isnt very friendly or welcoming just very black and white, only midwife in my area so no other choice! SHe didnt give me my matb form and i forgot to ask about it, so will try and ring the GP tomorrow to see if he will give me one.

Nutty have you had a GTT? or are they just going straight for a scan? Lots of people on here that have had GD are big as they have had a lot of fluid, does not always mean you will have a big baby. Just ignore the OH lol, i try to do that every now and then lol

rara Im planning on working up until 25th October I will be 38 weeks then but not sure if I will make it. I was bored stiff when i went on mat leave last time so dont want to finish to early.

amyme nice to have you back Smile
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
Holy [*CENSORED*]! 88 days left, how did that happen!
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
Pmsl!! Laughing

I was going to work upto half term but at the moment I could give up now!! x

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
No I havent had a GTT yet, theyre going to scan me and have a look at my blood results tomorrow and then if needs be send me to consultant and get me to have that GTT. They told me to take urine sample tomorrow morning as theyll test that again too. Will be nice getting an extra scan anyway and as long as baby is happy thats all that matters. Will update tomorrow.
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
How did it go nutty?

I have emptied the attic out today lol! Think I'm nesting, didnt get this with harry last time x
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:30 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, Scan went fine. She's measuring average on all the charts and is a real fidget bum. Currently estimated weight is 2lb 12oz Very Happy , I have slightly increased waters so Im getting re scanned in 2 weeks time and she did bloods to rule out any infections. Im also going for a diabetes test Monday morning. Amazing to see the difference in size, I now have to accept my gut instinct was wrong and it definately is a girl because she double checked for us and paused a screen shot and pointed out the specific girl bits. Little lady is currently breech which I did suspect because of the hard lump I feel a lot of the time above my belly button.
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
Glad it went well! Fingers crossed for the blood test on Monday.

I washed the car seat covers today, Harry was putting a teddy bear in it and sat it next to him watching the TV was soo cute!
I hope he is this attentive when she is here Smile
Page 8 of 25

Jump to:  

Community

Popular