November 2013

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:44 am 
Post subject:
At a guess Id say possible braxton hicks :/ Or just your uterus stretching and growing more.

Afm had midwife today and got sent to triage to be monitored. Baby was being a monkey and her heart rate was staying up at 180-195bpm and wouldnt come down. As soon as we was in hospital and hooked up to the monitor her heart rate was perfect, she just wouldnt stop fidgeting and moving away from the monitor things. They said shes perfectly happy and just awkward and very active lol.
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:36 pm 
Post subject:
it's finally let me post...
little update on me, had growth scan last week, im measuring spot on don't have GD and baby weighs 2lb 4 oz Smile Smile very pleased!! I have another scan on oct 17th and also, I asked if they induce me at 40weeks coz its IVF and they said yes!! so they wont let me go much over, if any, as having problems breathing too Sad

How is everyone else? xxx
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:27 am 
Post subject:
Morning Smile

32 weeks today here, and Im starting to feel it now. Went out yesterday and got the majority of things for my hospital bag and boy does shopping feel 10 times harder when youre pregnant! I feel like my stomach is already stretched to full capacity so Im slightly worried how Im going to feel in 8 weeks :/
Have been washing and ironing all the baby clothes the past week, we're pretty much done now just need to get milk and nappies and thats it.
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:38 am 
Post subject:
Hello everyone!

Just a quicky before I go to the physio!

Feel like I'm going to pop!

Funny how we all say about the size of our bumps now isnt it when it was not so long ago we all just felt plump?

Loads of braxton hicks which i didnt really have with Harry.
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:40 am 
Post subject:
Morning all Smile

Well I'm completely knackered here, sorry I've not been on! Feels like I'm up at night as much as I am during the day going to the loo or jumping out of bed with cramp in my calves!

I feel like a complete whale and getting lots of braxton hicks which I had with Tilly and midwife has said its because I'm doing too much which I didn't think I was but had to take last week off to rest as I'd had a busy weekend Confused

Am still measuringly neatly apparently and all my friends are split on pink or blue! We have no clue but still don't have a boys name that we can agree on. Baby is head down which certainly feels right as I keep getting kicked in the ribs!

Wow, I've bought my labour nightdress and that's about it for my hospital bag although will start getting it sorted - did get the bag down from the loft so that's a start Wink and writing what I need - certainly didn't use half of the stuff I took last time so a slimline version is planned!! Got the Moses basket out and the bedding ready to wash. I seem to be really nesting too which I never got before and hate if anything goes out of place which is mad as Tilly is anything but neat and tidy!!

I'm finishing work at 36-38 weeks as im self employed but at this rate I could finish now which doesn't bode well for the next 8-10 weeks and Tilly was born at 38+1.

Hope everyone's doing ok?

Sarah xxx

nds
Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:27 am 
Post subject:
without sounding ungrateful, i'm getting bored of being pregnant now Sad i just wanna meet my little girl! back at work next week though so maybe i won't be so bored of waiting, perhaps because i've been off and have done everything ten times over. roll on 8 weeks! glad everyone is doing fine.

donzy - how is your spd?
& nice to see you back on sara Smile xx
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:35 am 
Post subject:
I know how you feel nds, Im willing it to be November now as Im feeling so stretched and uncomfortable if we go out for anything more than an hour. I am trying not to complain at the same time because I am so incredibly grateful to be pregnant at last. Have found myself starting to worry again about something going wrong and our dream being taken away. Its even starting to creep into my dreams. :/
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
I feel the same... I was also worried today, didn't feel baby move and sheer panic crept over me, i realised something could still actually go wrong!!! poked my belly abit and baby moved so feeling more relaxed, but defo on edge today!
I'm ready for baby to be here now, its just the house that isn't ready lol and I still have to work, I wana be done Laughing

xxx
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:30 am 
Post subject:
Think we're all going to worry but at least we're in the final stretch - single digit week countdown woo hoo Smile

My dreams are getting weird at the mo which are freaky!! I've finally started my hospital bag too, the list is huge - sure I didn't take all that last time!!

Nugget feels so low as well, wouldn't surprise me if "it" has started engaging as I keep getting those internal prods and feet in my ribs. I've got my whooping cough jab next week after much deliberation and worrying but the nurse at the docs said there had been some outbreaks in my area so would be stupid not to have it especially as we'll have so many things to do in dec - why can't people just get their children immunised?!? Mad

Hope you're all well and getting everything ready and being back at work is ok nds

Sarah xx

donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:27 am 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies! Insomniac here! Well just woke up and had to dash to loo as dodgy tummy!

I can't dash anywhere really as on crutches. SPD is bad but better at night now the pressure is reduced with the crutches and I'm taking less pain killers.

I know what you mean ladies about fear of something happening. I was ok until I had a referral at work to provide care for new baby with trisomy syndrome, now I'm panicking thinking did they know through the pregnancy or only since its born? Sometimes I hate being a nurse.

Other than that my little boy started school last week, loves it! So I'm greatfull for small mercies x
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:04 am 
Post subject:
Oh donzy, that's awful - just googled to see what it was and how sad. I'd of thought they knew but you never know if the parents are anything like that couple on the midwives programme who didn't have any tests, scans etc and no pain relief - wanted to smack the tv watching them!!

Think the insomnia is just going to get worse, think I'm up on average 4 times a night and takes forever and a day to get back off to sleep. Think baby is in a funny place today as one of my legs is all tingly when I'm standing up which isn't good as I've got 3 cakes to get out today!

Sarah x

nds
Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:35 am 
Post subject:
oh donzy that's terrible!
no tests/scans/pain relief? that sounds v strange to me too!
being back at work is not too bad just sore thank you for asking!
had a very very lazy day yesterday (sshh) and came home in more pain than what i have been doing all week, Sad she was very uncomfortable yesterday.

i'm hoping baby has turned too but don't feel like she's low at all - just getting jabs down there and some serious rib pain! i couldn't sleep at all last night (insomniac too as of late) and when i woke up, could of cried. it's my day off and i'm up before 7am running a bath as my lower back and both sides of my ribs are so very very sore!

she was in some strange positions last night too -

(excuse my where's wally shorts haha!)

eek girls don't worry i'm sure everything will be fine for us all
i really hope it is! i haven't even thought about it enough for me to worry yet - until yesterday when a colleague said her friend had forcep delivery and they cracked babies skull?! Neutral what.

been struggling with thrush last couple of weeks which is very annoying.
have 34 week apt next week. went to birmingham overnight over the weekend and first thing i did was google 'nearest hospital' and 'earliest baby to be born and survive' (which is something like 23 weeks and 5 days, crikey) - heard on the radio yesterday about a baby being born in preston (where i live) at just 24 weeks omgggg. not that i'm panicking or anything! glad to have everything sorted though, i feel very organised and ready. just a waiting game now Sad

who's got the first date here? claire you are one day ahead of me so i'm guessing it's you? (should of looked at the tickers!) eek i can't wait to read you all on birth announcements haha! xxxxxxxx
Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:01 am 
Post subject:
Nds your 2nd bump pic looks like how mine is most of the time, at the last scan she was laying all on the left side with head by belly button and legs up by her head lol. Im pretty sure she hasnt moved yet but I have no idea what she is doing in there as Im getting movement pretty much all over the place, in my sides, in my bladder and in ribs. :/

Its all getting really uncomfortable now, Im getting terrible pain between my chest every time I eat or drink anything and my appetite is going Ive noticed. We have a scan next friday (27th) to measure her growth again and I presume check position again then midwife on 1st October at 35 weeks. I think Im first on the due date list , due on 5th November. Really dont know how Im going to make it till then I fill like Im going to explode now.
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
I have midwife on Wednesday! right now im counting the shifts till I finish work!! Sad so want to be done right about now!! need to pack my hospital bag too, haven't done anything really Embarassed my dad and husband have been great though, doing most things for me!
We really don't have long to go xxx
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
claire - really? she's usually very neat but this weekend i've been in tears because i'm so sore and uncomfortable. my bills are gonna be silly with the amounts of showers and baths i've had over this weekend! 6 in total - i don't smell that bad honestly! Laughing

let us know how you get on with your scan and where she is.
i'm hoping they can tell me on thursday where abouts she is right now.
i feel the exact same, i want her out now Sad

mrs s let us know how you get on wednesday.. i'm counting down too and only just gone back! bless that's great. i know! someone asked me today and i said '6 weeks' and was like OH my god, six weeks!!

have you guys watched the bbc program 'the midwives'? i caught up on it over the weekend and ooo! i've seen all the one born and i love it but this one is more 'real' i guess. more true to life, even just little things like seeing all the blood that you don't see in one born, talking about delivering placenta, and actually showing formula bottles on the tv. it kinda made me nervous! i'm alright again now but it really got me like 'oh wow, i actually have to do that!'

i really hope i'm alright! just don't want to be the lady you hear in the next room screaming the place down and shouting! lol xxx
Page 10 of 24

Jump to:  

Community

Popular