November 2013

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:32 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh pretty much most of the time she is really visible on the left side, have noticed my skin on that side feels tender to touch most of the time must be where she is stretching it. My midwife seems pretty cr*p at judging position as every time I see her she writes that she is head down and I know she's not because I can feel shes not moved. We have everything ready now it literally is a case of waiting now.
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
We're definitely head down here, feel so low sometimes but so uncomfortable, just want to meet little nugget Kiss

Had my whooping cough jab yesterday, omg my arm is absolutely aching and so tender which made me feel bad for not believing Tilly when she woke up moaning after hers Sad

Bought the car seat at the weekend as had a fab offer in toys r us and then last shopping on oct 5th and I'm going to milk it as I'm letting Neil and my dad go on a boys golf trip for 2 days Mad

Think that midwives programme is fab, really real! Remember when I went in to have Tilly and my sister have me 2 bits of advice 1. Prepare yourself for the worst pain ever - it. Won't live up to it and 2. Have the radio on or have music to ignore them totally - for some reason I remember listening to the local traffic news at one point wondering why it was so busy out there Laughing

Hang in there girls xx

nds
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
why do they write that? when i went for my private scan she was transverse yet she circled head down lol.. bit diferent.. same here. 3 weeks and 3 days until work is done with!

awww bless. mine wasn't too bad after whooping cough injection, a little achey but i guess that's with them all. i haven't had the flu jab as don't normally have it and just wondering if a) worth getting it and b) where i'm gonna find time to go and get it done as it's in 'clinic time' which is on days rather inconvenient.

when are you all going to fit your car seats? or is it a case of waiting until your in labour? my boyfriend drives a small van for work - he dresses wedding venues etc - so having a car seat in there is pretty inconvenient so i think mine will be a case of fitting the car seat at the time/coming back to get it.

i thought it was great, very true to life. advice point 1 is good, definitely! hahaha that made me chuckle :')

not long to go now xxxxxxx
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 am 
Post subject:
midwife went well, hr 150bpm measuring 31cm but on my chart im measuring over the 90th centile Shocked is that bad? anyway she didn't seem concerned!.
how is everything everyone?x
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
good to hear. i'm not sure about the chart, but if she didn't seem concerned i wouldn't be worried.

my apt today went well too, baby's now head down, lovely heartbeat, bp urine all fine.
they took bloods today? she asked me when we last did a full blood count? i was like i have literally no idea what you're on about haha - the last time i remember bloods being taken was at my very very first midwife apt, said they were meant to be done at 28 weeks, cant remember if i was being seen at the hospital or gp surgery then though.. hope everyones okay xx
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:25 pm 
Post subject:
yes. at 28 weeks they recheck your iron levels to make sure your not anaemic! mine went from 13.3 to 11.3 so dropped 2g i was quite shocked, so upping my iron as if i lose abit of blood at birth im going to end up anaemic!, they did those bloods same time they did my GTT......
Ring up and ask them to check on the system xxx
Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
I had bloods done at 28 weeks nds along with my whooping cough vaccine. Scan for us tomorrow to see what size little lady is now and her position then midwife on Tuesday. Am hoping the midwife appointment is straight forward this time as Ive only actually had one appointment so far that has gone smoothly with no problems. x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, well had my scan and baby is just getting bigger lol. Now estimated to be 6lb 6oz with just under 6 weeks to go Shocked Shes head down and engaged and waters have increased again. Have another scan in 2 weeks time.
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:49 am 
Post subject:
oh my gosh! is 6lb 6oz about average for your time? healthy weight, with 6 weeks to go I wouldn't be surprised if you had a 10lber or more hehe!! if your waters have increased what does this mean? I heard if you have a lot of water your more likely to be early... you never know, you might have baby in October!! Very Happy Shocked xxx
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:34 am 
Post subject:
No its above average she's measuring big on all the charts, consultant said it seems to just be one of those things with my waters as Ive been tested for all the usual causes and the results have all come back normal. She did say as soon as I start getting contractions I need to get to hospital right away as when you have increased waters theres a danger of the cord coming out before baby and causing complications although she said it does help that shes gone head down.

Im really hoping theyre wrong with the weight lol I dont want a big baby I want a normal size one lol. Really cant wait to get to the end now.
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
keeps us posted claire.

As for me im getting quite uncomfortable pains in my lower back, pelvis and cervix at times, im pretty sure baby has dropped as not had these sensations before and over past few nights have got more noticable (even when sat down) and think my bump is lower... bit early though isnt it? still feeling baby move lots though xx
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:06 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds like baby is starting to engage for you Smile I think its pretty normal for it to start happening around this time with first babies.

I had midwife yesterday, finally for once had a normal appointment. Little ladies heart rate was normal and she was behaving, Im measuring 37.5 weeks :/ but thats because of the high waters which we already know about.
Time seems to be dragging so much now, feels like its never going to end. I just want to meet her and not feel so stretched lol. Next scan is 9 days away, hoping consultant might say that they wont let me go over etc because of her size and waters.
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies!

How are you and all your bumps?

Next week is my last week at work before my maternity leave - I'm sooooo excited - and will be really relieved as I don't think I cope much more with sitting at my desk for so long!

Ahhh - November soon everyone!!! (if you can't tell - I'm getting excited)! Laughing
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:05 am 
Post subject:
Aaaarrrggghhhh - cant sleep, get comfortable and feel like a whale!

Not long now and I so can't wait! Doing baby shopping later and finishing the bits for my hospital bag. I've got 3 sessions of official work left and then baking finishes 3rd nov so I need to hang in til then but judging on how low nugget is at the mo I best try and rest!'

Sarah xx

nds
Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:07 am 
Post subject:
6lbs already wow.

i feel like my midwifes never tell me anything?! like how do you guys know baby is engaged or how much s/he is weighing? i have to ask just to see what position she is in..

bloods came back - i have mild anaemia, bit annoyed as should of been discovered sooner! but hey ho, got some iron tablets. next appointment on thursday afternoon.

still two more weeks left at work. really wish i had taken my leave earlier. little did i realise how sore and tired i would be - i think i could deal with the boredom if it meant i could chill out and shower/bath or nap when i wanted..

currently wide awake as am in some serious pain in my belly and especially ribs, can't describe it but nothing like i have felt before can't seem to ease it no matter how i lie - genuinly feels like she is just gonna tear through one of my sides Neutral keeps lying on a nerve or something and giving me dead legs too.

hope everyones okay.
i have 31 days until due date and dare i admit i'm counting down, getting fed up as blessed and thankful as i feel, i've had enough xxx
Page 11 of 25

Jump to:  

Community

Popular