Post subject:
Do we know what happened to donzy? x

XXMrsSXX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
hey girls- Emily is ace!! goes 3-4 hours day and night- cluster feeds at night and we really struggle to get her to sleep initially but then shes pretty good, just the odd 3am morning call when she wants to play and stays awake for hours!!! lol Smile

Sleeping as I write this so I reckon she will be awake tonight as shes slept pretty much all day!!! shes got abit of a stomach upset today and had explosive diahorea poor soul- but is still feeding well... does anyone know when we can start giving them cooled boiled water? x
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
I gave Hannah some cooled boiled water 2 weeks ago when she was struggling to poo on the advice of the health visitor. Hannah seems to struggle daily to poo at the moment Sad Its horrible to watch her in pain and straining. It seems to disrupt her sleep as well. On the whole she is going 3-4 hours as well, night times are hit and miss. We have mostly good nights but some nights it seems she just doesnt want to go down and settle on her own or she just wants to be in your arms. Normally as soon as we put her in her crib she wakes up and then it takes a while for her to drift off again. Am looking forward to her going a little longer at night between feeds. Health visitor is coming to weigh her tomorrow, she's definately grown as her newborn clothes are to tight on her feet and she is in 0-3 month things now. O/h reckons she is not far off 10lbs.
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry ladies I'm here just exhausted!

I was due to go in for induction on the 23rd but waters went the 22nd at 10pm, contractions started 15 minutes later, phoned hospital and they said come in to check it is waters as didnt gush. Got there for 12, they put me on a monitor and said yes im contracting, used a speculum to examine me and said yes waters have gone but not active labour as still 3 cms Sad

She said go home or stay on pre assessment unit and have a bath and see what happens. So i send steve off to my room to have a nap whilst i have a bath. It was lovely, contractions coming regularly. 2am i get out. 3am contractions picking up and i ring the bell and ask for gas & air to be told no as I'm not in active labour, can have paracetamol pfft! She tots off to read my notes, 4am she offers to reaxamine me and im still only 4 cms, offers me pethidine which i bite her hand off at. she comes back, I'm screaming at this point and she puts a tens machine on me. This really helped and i relaxed. 430 im screaming the place down, she comes in and asks me to be quiet wtf! I ask for gas & air and again she refuses as not in active labour. 'Try and get some sleep' im getting hysterical at this point and she just walks off and leaves me and steve to cope. Steve was fab and really helped me focus on my breathing. 5am im sreaming and cant focus she comes in again and says she will get the gas & air for me as Im disturbing the other ladies. I swore at her at this point Laughing

When she bought the gas and air in i had a few mouth fulls and she was trying to get me to focus inbetween the screaming and swearing. I tell her there is pressure which she said 'no there isnt you are only 4 cms' I swear at her again and she lifts up the sheet and i hear her asking Steve if he minds helping her push the bed up to the delivery suite. I go into panic mode as no idea what is going on, i think im dying my baby is dying and i cant see because the pain is so bad. I get on all fours on the moving bed as they run through the corridors , god knows what i must have looked like lol i was mooing like mad!

Get on delivery suite and they tell me I have to get off the bed im on and walk over to the other bed. I crawl on to the other bed and get on all fours, shout at steve he musnt look. I feel the worst pain imaginable like the ring of fire and scream i want to push but my body is doing the pushing without me and taking over. Head pops out, another push rosie pops out at 5.20. 8ilbs 13 oz. I sprayed the wall with blood lol. I had a third degree tear so had to go to theater and have a spinal, I asked for a designer vagina as the pethidine was just starting to kick in at that point so I was giggling and talking like a drunk, i told the consultant he wasnt operating on me as he looked too tired and should go back to the bed he just crawled out of, all the theater staff were in hysterics. Home that evening after the catheter was removed. Really quick recovery in comparison to with Harry. Rosie is just beautiful, breast feeding really well.

If she was my first i would never ever have a second. I had an epidural with Harry so didnt feel a thing but how people go onto have a 2nd 3rd etc naturally I never know!
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:31 am 
Post subject:
Wow Donzy sounds like quite an ordeal! Having had 2 c sections now I really have no desire to try a natural birth. If we're lucky enough to conceive again then I want another section.

Hows everyone's babies doing? Hannah is good as gold bless her. She's getting better in her crib at night and I think she is recognising bedtime as she is self settling herself. My mum and dad bought her a lullaby toy that plays songs and has lights so we put that on every night when she goes to bed and it sends her off. She got weighed last Friday and was 9lb 13 and a half oz (she was 8lb 11oz on day 10 when we was discharged from the midwife). She is smiling so much now every time I hold her she gets a big wide grin on her face , such an amazing feeling x
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls.
thought i would pop back to see how you were all doing.

i'm so, so happy to read that all of you and your babies are fit and healthy!
i bet motherhood is amazing. you are all so blessed.

congratulations, i have been thinking of you all.
lots of love x
Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:02 pm 
Post subject:
All very quiet in here Sad hope everyone is well. How are all your little ones? Hannah is fantastic , she's such a good little girl - goes to bed around 10/11 and wakes at 5 ish for a bottle then straight back to bed. She had her 1st injections nearly 2 weeks ago. My o/h held her as i couldnt do it and i cried when she started crying, it broke my heart. Crying or Very sad

Anyone have any plans for more? Once Hannah is 1 we are going to try again.
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
hi Claire- glad to here Hannah is doing well, Emily feeds 10/11 and wakes around 3.30-4ish so wanting to stretch her another 15 mins now as she only takes around 2-3oz when she wakes up, normally takes 4.5-5oz every other feed.

I think we decided we will try again in june as it took us so long to have Emily- we decided we wouldn't mind a small gap but need my breathing problems sorting before another pregnancy but doctors are arranging that so hoping its sorted by june, so just following cycles now to see where I am but having a period every month so that's a good sign, would like to lose atleast the rest of my pregnancy weight too (so 2st or more if poss)....
hope everyone else is well xxxxx
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
We was told to wait a year because of c section so thats why we are holding off,not sure we can afford another frozen cycle at the moment because we are saving to move so we'll be hoping for something natural to happen. Hannah has around 4.5-5oz each feed as well, in the evenings she's so sleepy its a job to get her to have her last bottle and she does 2-3 oz then as well. She's starting to discover her feet and is trying to get hold of them and just the past day or 2 is looking at her hands and making the connection they are hers. Her hands are constantly in her mouth at the moment. x
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:31 am 
Post subject:
yeah we were told a year too, well 6months to a year, and decided to try 7.5 months as we don't expect to catch on straight away.
We also cant afford ivf so we are hoping its a natural surprise Smile
Emilys just beginning to hit toys on her play mat and eat her hands, she hasn't discovered her feet yet lol.xx
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
All gone quiet again lol. How is everyone and their little ones. Hannah's doing well 12lb 13 at her last weigh in nearly 2 weeks ago, she's well into her 3-6 month clothes now and growing to quick Sad She really is obsessed with having her hands/fingers in her mouth, sometimes she shoves them in that far she makes herself gag Yuk She has started rolling occasionally to her side but hasnt quite mastered it. Sleep is 10/11 - 6am now pretty much. Have had the odd random bad night recently though.

How are you ladies doing body wise? Ive lost all my baby weight but my stomach is a big wobbly jelly mess Sad and the over hang over my scar is just horrible.
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:40 am 
Post subject:
hi Claire, sounds like Hannah is doing great! Emily is sleeping 8pm-3.30-4.30 ish the odd sleep till 5am. she is also managing to get to her side but not over, but she gets up on her knees when on her tummy but doesn't use her hands so sometimes face plants lol
Emily is also shoving her hands in her mouth and she's teething.

With regards to me, ive still got another 1st 10lb of baby weight to lose to pre pregnancy Sad my over hang is awful, jelly like and stretch mark belly, still getting my head round my body changes, ive got my friends wedding in 5 weeks so aiming for anothing 7lb off before then :/ just hoping it doesn't stay on Smile xxxx
Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
How is everyone doing?

Charlotte is just the most amazing thing to ever happen to me and my OH - I still can't quite believe that she is mine and how much I am capable of loving another little person!

I had quite bad baby blues for about 4 weeks after her birth and I fell quite bad about it now because that haze of hormones and sleeplessness has lifted.

I hope everyone's little ones are all well and you're all getting SOME sleep! (We're quite lucky - she slept through the night from about 3 months - but I won't rub it in)!

Amy xxx
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:36 am 
Post subject:
Hey Amy I know exactly what you mean Hannah is the most amazing little angel and we cant believe we have her at long last. I love her so much its indescribable and it just grows more and more every day.

How is everyones little ones? No one really updates here any more Sad Hannah is doing great , she's 7 and a half months now and still good as gold. On the verge of getting her first 2 teeth you can see them right underneath the surface now. No crawling yet but she keeps keeps rolling back to front and vice versa constantly when she's on the floor and raising her knees to try and crawl. Enjoys her food, we are doing traditional feeding but she is having more and more finger foods now. Toast is her favourite. She doesnt nap much at all in the day but she goes to bed at night as good as gold at around 7:30-8 and wakes around half 5 - 6.

Lets have some updates girls Very Happy x

Claire
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies! Emily is great and growing so well, we again can see 2 teeth wanting to come through although not yet! shes sitting alone, rolling and lifting her knees trying to move, all practising towards crawling- loving her food too Smile although shes not keen on water! still has 2 naps in the day and 3 bottles daily, goes to bed at 7.30-8pm and sleeps till 6.30-7am Smile no real problems Smile xxxx
Page 24 of 25

Jump to:  

Community

Popular