November 2013

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
We havent bought any bigger items at all, all we have is just a little pile of baby grows and snowsuits lol. Doesnt help that we live in a 2 bedroom flat so baby will have to be in our room until the council rehouse us. Going to have to start de-cluttering to make space for the baby things though Im really not sure how much we can actually get rid of :/ Its going to be a squeeze.
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:43 am 
Post subject:
20 week scan tomo!!! (finally) bit nervous as just want the baby to look healthy. having very swollen ankles atm with weather and pregnancy I suppose lol, huge!!! hope everyone is well xxx
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:56 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies , how is everyone?? Gone quiet again.

Not much to report here, 24 weeks next week which is another little milestone as thats when baby is classed as 'viable' Im feeling pretty normal to be honest at the moment, tiredness has gone, no other ailments going on so Im just enjoying feeling all the kicks and movement now. Bumps growing although I still dont feel very big at the moment. Have been picking up bits and pieces off ebay which have been real bargains. Dont see the point in buying everything new because they wont be wearing these things long. x
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:22 am 
Post subject:
Hi all,

Wow, everyone everyone having girls!!

We had the scan just before we went away and didn't find out although the sonographer said he knew!! We went to Orlando and jeez it was hot and humid!! Sure it made me sprout and did a huge amount of walking in all the parks!! Managed to buy 2 - yep that's all we could find that was nice baby grows and then came back and bought 3 bits in the next sale that are unisex, we just stocked up on white last time so think I'll be doing that again!!

We've already got a Moses basket and are going to pay for the pushchair this month I think 😊

Feeling loads of kicks, mostly at night so that better not be a sign of things to come as Tilly was a really good sleeper!

It's ridiculous, as it's my 2nd I now didn't see the midwife until 28weeks and the last time was at 16weeks!!

Glad everyone is doing well xxxx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:35 am 
Post subject:
Same for me rara, not seen anyone since 16 weeks. Midwife said I need to book appointment with nurse as well as with midwife at my 28 week appointment so I can can get 28 week bloods done and have whooping cough vaccine.
I have booked to go on an evening class next month its a vbac course, have to say the more I think about it the more I wish Id opted for c section lol as I still don't know what its like to give birth as my son was emergency c section and I'm getting more terrified about tearing etc..

Hows everyone coping with the heat? My feet are suffering the last few days as its got hotter and are quite swollen and uncomfortable.
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:01 pm 
Post subject:
I just have to go to the hospital as they don't do bloods at my doctors and have to do them with Tilly in tow as having my anti-d injection the next day - all great in theory but the mon is a bank holiday so hospital tues, then another one for my injection on the weds and then will see midwife at 29wks as she only does mondays😳 no-one has mentioned the whooping cough vaccine?!?

Feel totally worn out today for some reason and really snappy, think I'm just not sleeping well so need to invest in some good v-pillows - poor hubby must feel like he's being pushed out by all the pillows if I carry on much longer!!

Nutty, I'm sure it'll be fine and you'll feel so pleased with yourself!! I had an episiotomy with Tilly in preparation for forceps which thankfully we didn't need but there's lots of ways you can heal that but quicker if needed downstairs!! just don't try and force the jeans on 😱 Are you not able to change your mind now?

My feet puffed after working and standing so have tried to take it easier these last few days, Tilly bless her has decided on a DVD pj day today and I'm forever grateful!! I've got some mother goose tired feet and leg cream that is gorgeous and well worth it!!

Sarah xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
I think its something they recommend for all pregnant ladies now rara, theres this on the nhs website :

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/Pages/whooping-cough-vaccination-pregnant.aspx
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies!

Sorry I have not been on, been really hectic here.

Not much news to say tbh. I'm on 2 weeks annual leave at the moment.

I had varicose vein surgery 7 years ago, they have come back with a vengeance, i have blotches of broken capillary veins as well which look like i have been kicked and left a bruise.

Pregnancy is so glamorous isnt it? lol

I think my bump is of average size but people keep telling me how small it is which is really annoying. People think they have the right to feel it and comment on it and I'm like 'leave me alone!'

I dont see the midwife from 16 weeks until 28 weeks. No mention of what she will do then but work are bugging me about my matb form.
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
i see my midwife at 25 weeks then consultant again at 28 weeks... i've been experiencing strong kicks now... im absolutely huge Sad and keep getting really itchy skin!! Sad Sad i can feel my skin stretching so much!

Hope everyone is ok xxx
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:10 am 
Post subject:
Oh the glamourous lives we lead!

I keep being told I'm still very neat bit can assure ou I don't feel it!!

Nugget seems to be a night owl, I get most movement when I'm in bed or maybe that's just cos I'm finally sitting down!

Donzy, we don't get a matb1 form until 28wks at the earliest so wouldn't worry although a complete pain as I'm supposed to send my mat allowance stuff off at 26 weeks 😁

I've woken up this morning with the feeling I could eat a horse!! I've had 2 chocolate brioche and some frosties and still hungry, may have to have some boiled eggs! Has anyone got any random cravings?

28 wks, they give us a chat about getting bloods done, start monitoring movements and finish of the breast feeding chat I seem to remember and listen to heartbeat and measure bump - nothing new really!

Hope everyone's ok xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:28 am 
Post subject:
Still so quiet here Sad Wish it was more active in this thread.

28 week midwife appointment for me on Tuesday and straight after that Im having whooping cough injection. Hoping midwife might say what position baby is in, Im so curious to know as I cant work it out. I feel movement all over the place but I definately feel a hard lump above my belly button nearly every day, just cant work out whether its head or bum lol.
Had a vbac class on thursday that talked through all the pros and cons of c section vs natural was quite interesting vaginal birth pros far out way the c section route. Theres no reason for me not to go natural so I'll be doing that though the thought of pushing a baby out of there is pretty scary.
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:16 pm 
Post subject:
I know nutty, with my little girl I made some fab friends who we all still keep in contact with via Facebook as we're all over the country and a couple of them ended up living close together and are really great mates!

How about I'll start, my "real" name is Sarah, as I'm sure I've said I have a a 3 1/2yr old called Tilly, I'm married to an amazing bloke called Neil who I definitely don't tell that to enough!!, have a dog called scampi and run a cake company from home. I'm near stansted airport on the Herts Essex border, how about you?

You'll be absolutely fine, although even though I've done it once still quite daunting. My delightful sister said to me, prepare yourself for the worst possible pain and it won't live up to it!! To be fair to her, that was the case and I managed paracetamol and gas and air with Tilly and I was induced as my contractions wouldn't kick in even though I was dilating albeit extremely slowly. I had to have an episiotomy at the end to get her out but can't have been that bad to do it again!

I'm getting excited now, it's mad to think that I'll soon have little nugget in my arms, exhausted and trying to feed!!

What about you? Seems as though you've had a real journey to get here?

Sarah xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Sarah Smile Im Claire and yeh its been a 5 yr journey to get pregnant again after lots of heartbreak so we are both over joyed and still finding it hard to get our heads around. Jack my son from a previous relationship is 13 now and really doesnt show much interest in the pregnancy at the moment. At the moment our 'baby' is our cat florrie lol not sure how she'll take to a baby as she's pretty timid but used to lots of attention.
We live in Hertfordshire and had fertility treatment at Herts and Essex Fertility Clinic in Cheshunt which is around 25 mins from us. We just had an invoice for keeping our remaining 3 embryos in storage for another year £360 Shocked but of course we will pay it. Seems odd to think it was a year ago today all our embryos including this little lady were frozen.
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Wow, we must be fairly close then, im near bishops stortford. I used an acupuncturist to fall with Tilly before going down the clomid route, think it took about 2yrs who is recommended by the Herts and Essex fertility centre. We had a m/c before Tilly and it was quite possibly the hardest thing we and I have ever been through. Thankfully we fell reasonably easy this time round but omg the worry was definitely there.

I'm sure jack will be all excited when the baby arrives and gets to choose toys!! I have a friend with a 13yr old and a 9mth old and she says it works well.

Ouch but I bet in the grand scheme of things it's nothing especially like you say little lady was frozen this time last year.

Scampi was our little baby before Tilly and she was a bit put out but now protects Tilly and plays with her all the time - I do feel sorry for her as she gets put in the toy pram and walked around the house!!

Nugget keeps moving into that really awkward position by my belly button too and plays keepy uppy with my bladder which is not pleasant especially in the middle of the night! xx

donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, I'm sorry I keep forgetting about this Sad

Well, I'm Donna I'm 35, mummy to Harry who is just 4, partner to Steve who is 40, we have been together for 12 years and live in sunny Cornwall. I'm a nurse, work in the private sector managing complex homecare packages. I work 3 days a week. I also run a chat for nurses on twitter.

We tried for 2 years to conceive Harry, just had fertility tests and had IVF referral appointment letter the day we got a BFP! In October last year I had a MMC at 12 weeks and had surgery following which was horrid. Conceived this little lady the weekend after valentines day, God knows how as I was only on day 7?!

I weighed myself at Boots yesterday as I feel huge! I surprisingly have only put on 10ilbs so far. With HArry I put on about 4 stone and had to see consultant because of my BMI
Page 7 of 25

Jump to:  

Community

Popular