bicornuate uterus (heart shaped womb)

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:27 am 
Post subject: bicornuate uterus (heart shaped womb)
Anyone who has this?

Do you have REALLY painful periods?
Or even random niggling every so often?

Feel like I'm being over dramatic Sad haha!
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
I don't really have very painful periods but think that is mainly down to the pill that I take. My bicornuate uterus doesn't really cause me any problems other than in pregnancy and carrying a baby to term x
susanjosh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:00 am 
Post subject:
Hi

I also have a bu.

So far It's not really caused me any issues ... Though I have been ttc for 4 years 4 mths , they say it isn't my uterus causing me issues .
I have had to have extra scans when doing iui as they won't do treatment on anymore than 2 follicles .

When I do my Ivf they will only transfer 1

I've been told I will be high risk of m/ c but just need to see what happens

Hope you feel better soon x
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:12 pm 
Post subject:
I guess it affects us in different ways.
I only really discovered my uterus when I was 7 weeks pregnant and had a massive bleed, which I continued to have up until 4-5 months. It did make sense after all the problems with periods I'd had over the years.
Luckily my placenta and Lola dropped into the bottom of my uterus as they were originally in my horns which is not good when you have a heart shaped womb!
And I had to have a section because my placenta was very low, Lola turned breach last minute and of course doctors do not encourage women with a heart shaped womb into natural labours.

Good luck ttc, I hope everything works out for you xx
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 am 
Post subject:
I was told I have a slight bicornuate but they are still investigiating at the moment.

I am told that it doesnt affect fertility and that we are at a higher risk of miscarrage, although have never been pregnant so I cant comment on that.

I get very heavy painful periods and its really painful at ovulation time Question
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm 
Post subject:
I wonder why they're still investigating :/ I was told after an internal scan!
Many people do have problems with trying to conceive and if you google this its what it will tell you so you must have a very mild heart shaped womb?
I think I do too but it was enough to cause problems throughout my pregnancy Sad
You can also become pregnant on many forms of contraception as they can only work for one 'horn'
I don't really know much else, 3 hospitals asked me what it was when I told them I had it!! X

Jump to:  

Community

Popular