5 weeks after c section.....???

amie41
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:36 pm 
Post subject: 5 weeks after c section.....???
hi im in pain on my left side of my abdomin like a sharp stabbing pain Sad it is tender t touch aswell. thursday nght i stopped bleeding but friday morning i started again. also my blood is like a mucussy/discharge texture is this normal???
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:38 pm 
Post subject:
I overdid it and had this pain all around my stomach muscles whenever I moved. Also, maybe your back is contributing to the pain? My back was so bad I couldn't stand straight.

Yes the discharge changes according to an open wound would as that's where you're bleeding from the open wound the placenta left behind. It can be green, brown, yellow, and many textures just look out for a nasty smell! (Bearing in mind this could just be dried blood also)
I bled on and off, you need to slow down I know its easy to say, I've been there but I bled for over 10 weeks then straight into a period because I did too much.
As long as your scar is healing healthy everything should be fine xx
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:27 am 
Post subject:
hi, just to also say, yes it is normal. That's one of the reasons why you should do very little up to 6 weeks as you have had major abdominal surgery, as well as having a baby. The stabbing pain may be your muscles... I remember for me that was the most painful. It is usually worse on one side bc of where the internal stitching is tied.

Hope you feel better soon

xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:14 am 
Post subject:
If you think the discharge is strange then I'd get checked by your GP as the pain could be a sign of an infection, its probably not , but with you saying its tender to the touch I think I'd get it checked xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular