Question About the period!! Please give me Answers...

Kitty13
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:46 am 
Post subject: Question About the period!! Please give me Answers...
okay I had my son feb 7th and I had a c section,
I was wondering when my regular period will start...
I have breast feed since he was born, so for two months now,
I recently switched to formula feeding,
Please help me out on this..
nds
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:05 am 
Post subject:
there's no definitive answer to this so no-one will be able to give you one. i've read of women getting their period from a range of 9 weeks to 9 months. it will come back when your body is ready for it to. now you're no longer breastfeeding, i think that would speed it up but don't forget your body has been through a big ordeal having a baby! you've gone through lot of changes and you need to let your body recover, after all those hormones etc are raging everywhere. it will come when it wants to. sorry, like most things in pregnancy, there's not just one straightforward answer xxxxx
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 am 
Post subject:
But What if I have done things and not knowing when my pms would start...
could I be pregnant again?

I mean I have two sons.. one is 1 1/2 and the other one is 1 month..
how could I tell if I am or not,,

and still I had my second son feb 7th and now its march please try to give me an answer..
I am afraid to be pregnant again..
C sections are scary.. and painful..
nds
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:30 am 
Post subject:
i personally couldn't say. i have no idea how long after you would ovulate etc. the only way to minimize the risk now is simply to use something! xx
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 am 
Post subject:
I'm still am producing breast milk will this still stall my period?

I stopped breast feeding on march 12th

does this go with when I should start my pms?

and I would love to start breast feeding again but I don't know if my new born will ive tried but I don't think its going to work.. how can I get him to breast feed again?
nds
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:11 am 
Post subject:
i'm sorry hun, i don't know. i can't help with the breastfeeding either as having no interest in it and never having done it, i'm a little stuck for knowledge. have you googled any of your questions? spoke to your gp/friends/family? fingers crossed someone can give you a helping hand, sorry i can't be of any help.. xxxxxxx
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:17 am 
Post subject:
its fine,
I don't talk to much of my family any more besides if my mom was alive she'd be the only person i'd talk too...
but its hard to get advice from any one else, my friends don't breast feed..
and I have no g-parents..

I wish someone would help or at least know some of my questions..

thank you for trying to help.. =)
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
hi I cant really help with the period thing as I'm BF my daughter still and havent had one since giving birth.

Theoretically if you are still producing milk you should be able to reintroduce BF and increase your milk production. Maybe try to give him a feed before his bottle to see if you can begin to increase your production and return to BF.

I would still be careful as BF is not a certain way of not getting pregnant, you dont necessarily have to have a period to get pregnant, as you ovulate before having a period.

Good Luck
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
You will ovulate for the first time BEFORE you get your first period so if you don't want to conceive again you need to use protection, if you fully breastfeed and aren't having periods its likely you aren't ovulating yet, but there's no guarantees . Breast feeding isn't 100% as a contraceptive . If you want to reintroduce the breast then offer a breast feed first every feed and just top up with formula if baby is still hungry , that way your supply will build back up as long as its not completely gone . Some babies won't breast feed again though once they're used to the bottle i'm afraid so you'll just have to try and see how it goes Question Good luck x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular