17 months old and still not sleeping thru the night

Nikki77
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:48 pm 
Post subject: 17 months old and still not sleeping thru the night
My son has only slept thru the night a couple of times. Most nights he wakes around 4 times. It is starting to get me and hubby down as do not know what to do next.
All the hv does is throws cc info at us but we do not want to do that so looks like we r just going to have to cope with him waking. Anyone got any advice? x
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Nikki I can really sympathise with you as Harry did not sleep through until he was 2. I tried every trick in the book, cc, gradual retreat, pick up put down, I read god knows how many books. So I cant really advise! What techniques have you tried?
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
Archie has slept great since going into a bed at 16 months old. I did the jo frost put back to bed technique and ou just have to be consistent with it. I bought her book and found it really helpful. Xx

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry just read another post were you said he was having bottles in the night still, I would try and work on that first, get rid of he night bottles and have a good night time routine xx

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
I have to agree over the bottles at night. My 1st slept through at 12 weeks. My 2nd it was 14 months. My 3rd was aged 2 and my fourth was nearly 2 and 1/2. It is definitely the milk. My 4th had milk going to bed and every time he woke at night I handed hoping a bottle, more for a bit of peace because he would just go back o sleep whilst drinking it. Then it got to 2 bottles during the night. In the end I knew enough was enough and said no more milk in bed. I offered water but he wouldn't have it so he wasn't thirsty.
I just persevered and after a week he slept through. I feel much better. I also stopped him having afternoon naps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular