1 Year Old Tantrums....Help

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:43 pm 
Post subject: 1 Year Old Tantrums....Help
Hi Ladies,

For the last few weeks my ds has started to have tantrums when he either doesn't get his way, things don't go right for him or anything he doesn't like. They seem to be getting worse as time goes on. Is this normal for a 1 year old to act like this? I am trying to ignore him when he does it but it is becoming very draining as it feels like all he does is have a tantrum. Sad xx

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
I would say pretty normal! My son is like this too, although is improving now. He ius fourteen months. Sure my dad did it too, think its just as they start realising they are a little person developing a personality, they realise they have choices but don't quite get the boundaries. It does pass, although the tantrums do resurface again some time between two and three.

Mandy x
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply Smile I'm so glad it is 'normal' I can see what ya mean about them developing their personality. I do think he is starting to teeth at the moment so I don't think that is helping either bless him. I will just try & keep calm as best I can & just keep being consistent with what I am doing Smile xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:10 pm 
Post subject:
Lola has been like this for a while now so i've been tapping her hand when she doesn't listen and then if she ignores me again she goes in her cot and she does demonstrate understanding. She sits in her cot for a minute then. I've been teaching her to distinguish good behaviour from bad by using her favourite cuddly as well (jemima puddle duck).
Whenever i say 'ah ah' to her being naughty now she replies 'good girl' haha Smile xx
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:38 pm 
Post subject:
ignoring him is the best or you could try distracting him by introducing something else while he is having his wobbly. it works sometimes for me, but most times i make sure she is safely on the floor and i walk away.
she comes around as if nothing has happened. really weird.
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
My 15 month old has been doing this for 5 months. It's very normal but I wasn't expecting it to start just yet. It's because they get frustrated and they don't know how to handle their frustrations so they have a tantrum. My little boys normally freaks when I take the phone or remote control off him, I deal with it by getting down to his level, I look him straight in the eye and tell him a firm 'no that's not yours'. I then take him to another part of the room and distract him with something else, he will wimper a bit but gets over it very quickly. They will eventually learn the right way to behave and handle their emotions it just takes time and for you to show them the way. This sounds terrible but he looks so funny when he has a tantrum I find it really hard not to smile! Argh xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular