Post subject: Pre-Op for C-Section
What do they do? Got mine later Smile

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:10 am 
Post subject:
From what I can remember they ask if you're allergic to anything. Give you your section time and tell you what time to stop eating and drinking. You'll get a few antibiotics to take the night before and morning of!
They should discuss the spinal with you. What will happen on the day, I.e settle in your ward then walk to theatre, etc, etc
Give you a list of do's and donts like no jewellery or make up.
And I was asked to donate my placenta and some body fat, I begged them to take all of it but they weren't interested!
Make sure you check the time on your letter is the same as your notes though because they messed mine up and I almost missed my section if I hadn't of woke in the early hours paranoid so I checked haha
Its so exciting though, I'm a bit of a geek and loved my hospital appointments haha
Good luck Smile xx
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:39 am 
Post subject:
Everytime I have had a pre op they have checked urine, blood pressure, weight , and taken swabs for mrsa.
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:42 am 
Post subject:
I had the swabs and things at the appointment when I was told I'd be having the section x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular