My Story - TTC - the never ending journer it seems!

claireclaire21
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:37 pm 
Post subject: My Story - TTC - the never ending journer it seems!
I used to post on here a fair bit, but left for a while to give it all a rest.

Anyways....I'm back.

Me and my now DH have been TTC since Jan 10. Went to the docs, probably about this time last year to check everything was okay with us both as I hadnt had even a scare of getting pg.

Had blood tests done and hubby had sperm samples done. His samples came back ok, yet they found out I had an underactive thyroid, which may have been the reason nothing was happening.

They said once my levels were 'normal' i should have no problems concieving. Last saw the doc in Oct when checking my levels, if I hadnt fallen Pregnant by easter - to go see him again.

I am so tired of them saying your still young give it time. 3 years is enough time I think!! I am getting so tired of seeing friends and family expecting (dont get me wrong I am happy for them of course) or expecting their 2nd, in the time we have been ttc one!

Should I say anything specific to the Doc when I go to see him after easter...any advice?

Baby dust to everyone! xxx

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
My advise would be to push him at the end of the day its 3 years with nothing!
Has your thyroid been sorted with medication?

After the trouble I have had with referrals and so on just be confident and tell him that you want referring to a gynea xxx
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the advise. Yes its been sorted with medication.

When i saw him initially, he send me for a smear test to be then refered, but when i went for it to be done, they wouldnt do ut because i am under 25. So it wouldnt go any further.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
You don't need a smear for a gynae referral so I'd ask for them to send that off for you asap, of course it could have just been your thyroid causing the problems and you might get pregnant before the referral comes through but it would be nice to get a second opinion still as there could be an unrelated issue, good luck xx
claireclaire21
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't know that thank-you!

So, I can ask the doc to refer me then?

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
Yes of course you can, if you have been ttc for 3 years and nothing whatever your age really push for a referral to a gynea for fertility investigations, it could be nothing but its nice to get it all checked out!

Plus it takes so long for each part I really would push for it now!

If you dont feel strong enough take someone with you - thats where my mum comes in Wink as I am normally a wreck so she comes and asks the questions and pushes for me xxx
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Claire,

We've been TTC also it's been around 2 years. When I went to see my gygy it was like a year since we had started, but I told him it was around 2. He then started by asking us to do tests and suggesting treatments for me. It's good to blow the situation out of proportion sometimes things get moving sooner.
We are currently doing an insemination, but if we did not use that little white lie, we would have also been in the 'you are young, don't think about it too much, it'll happen when it has to" boat and would have only learnt our difficulties later...

All the best and keep us posted.
claireclaire21
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you, im gonna get an appt with my doc and tell him i was to be referred. Will let you know how it goes!

kad1979
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Loads of luck!!! Thumbs up
XXMrsSXX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
your age has nothing to do with it! i got refered when i was 21, doing ovarian drilling and clomid at 22 (roughly, i could of been 23) either way i was under 25, the dr also told me i had to be 25 to do ivf (not true either, its now 23, or so it said on the guidelines of the same hospital), anyway the only thing they wouldnt do was a smear until 25, but this should not stop you getting reffered, i was young when i started trying, and now pregnant with my first through IVF, i was told 'i'm young, give it time blah blah blah, when actually ivf was the only thing that worked for us after almost 5 yrs TTC, push for it hun, ask questions and put them on the spot, you deserve just as much 'investigation' as someone older.
Good luck xxxx
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 am 
Post subject:
Hi all, Just a quick update saw my doctor this morning, re-doing all the tests to then refer me. So am booked in to have bloods and swabs done over the next couple of weeks (providing my period comes as predcited) and hubby will be off to do his sample too! The doctor I saw today was really good so I will definately see her again. Baby steps, but hopefully moving forward! I will not be fobbed off this time!!

Thanks for all your advise!!!

claireclaire21
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:41 am 
Post subject:
Another update.

Went through the swabs again and bloods and hubby done his analysis.

Went to doc to get results.

For once managed to get the bloods on time. Which shows I am actually ovulating, which is a good start! Good to know that something is actually working, and hubby results were fine.
Doc filled out referral paperwork there and then.

Received appt to see gynoe in Aug...does anyone know what I should expect??

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:16 am 
Post subject:
It's usually lots of questions, about your cycle, how long you've tried how often you've tried Embarassed Laughing , your medical history etc. some places do swabs and their own blood tests (even if its their lab that processed the GP's test they still sometimes want to run them Question )and some even do a vaginal ultrasound to check everything's as it should be , then they might make another appointment for you to come back for results or they might run through the options there and then. Some of the things they might suggest are trying clomid , although it appears you do ovulate, they might suggest a HSG to check your tubes are okay, or send you for a scan if they don't do one at the appointment .
I'd just ask loads of questions when you go so you know what the local procedures are as it can vary a lot , Good luck though and not too long to wait either Very Happy xx
claireclaire21
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:56 am 
Post subject:
DL05 thank you for your response. Just nice to know what to generally expect. Yes I've been lucky with the appt, with not too long to wait.

Just want to get going!!!

Thanks again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular