My baby boy has bronchitis :-(

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:09 pm 
Post subject: My baby boy has bronchitis :-(
Hi ladies my 3 month old has got bronchitis we spent yesterday in hospital and now at home his oxygen levels are good and he managed a bottle whilst in hospital so they let us go they were talking about having to put a feeding tube in him as he keeps sicking his bottles up with all the coughing a mucus but luckely he did have one bottle ok so they were happy with that. He is so chesty and wheezy but they say they can't do anything for him bcus it's viral.
Has anyone else's children had bronchitis any tips to keep him in as less distress as possible ? I've got his cot up so he's not flat is there anything else I can do to help him?
Thanks x

[url=http://lilypie.com]

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
We have a humidifier - Izzy also was sick with all the mucus but the humidifier helped her breathe a bit better. It's horrible and I always felt so helpless. Hope he feels better soon x
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:58 am 
Post subject:
Ah right I was wondering about something like that also it prob doesn't help having central hearing on all the time but its just so cold!
I'm getting a bit concerned that he's not feeding to ŵell again he has about 10 ounces a day now which isn't very much for him and he just sounds so chesty hard to know what to do for the best

[url=http://lilypie.com]

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:56 am 
Post subject:
We have had this alot, what I have found that helps is, vapour rub can ge one from three months, if heating is on put a wettish towel on the radiator (cheaper than a humidifier) boots menthol vapouriser, tilt the cot so sleeping on an angle, and saline nasal spray before feeds really helps clear congestion and can be used from birth, also get the bathroom really steamy and sit in it with baby as it loosens all the mucous and helps clear it, hope some of it helps!! Xx

nutnut
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
My little man had this around the same time and I remember it being terrible. Unfortunately it moved to his chest and caused a chest infection so he was on antibiotics. I would sit him in his bouncer while I was having a shower. This really helped. It takes a long time for the cough to clear but hopefully you'll see some improvement in the next day or so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular