Could it have been implantation?

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:35 am 
Post subject: Could it have been implantation?
I got my last AF on 3rd feb, and started taking cerazette. Now I took cerazette before and had no periods for the few months I was on it. This time though I wasnt taking it properly, missed a couple and was at the 12 hour window on a couple more. Embarassed

Last monday (18th feb) I noticed my boobs were sore, and got sorer after a couple of days, now this is a normal post ov symptom for me. So a bit naughty but I thought well if iv ov'ed the pill hasnt worked so stopped taking it, (with the intention of going to get the injectin when af arrived)

Then Friday (22nd feb) I had quite bad period pains on the evening so I thought AF was coming, saturday morning I felt wet (sorry tmi) went to the toilet expecting AF and had some watery pink discharge, and a bit of brown. Its quite normal for me to spot 2-3 days before AF, so figured it was that.

But no more spotting and still having period pains. Tested monday (25th feb) but BFN, but it wasnt an early test anyway.

Assuming I did ov on or just before the 18th, there is a good chance as we did BD a lot that weekend Embarassed but then that would make the spotting around 5-7 DPO? is that possible?

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 am 
Post subject:
I have found cerazette awful for weird bleeding and spotting, especially if you miss one! I have had exact the same as you and knew it couldnt be implantation as not done the deed for ages lol its that bloody crappy pill! Also cerazette doesn't stop you ovulating some people do still ovulate on it!xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:00 am 
Post subject:
5-7 DPO is perfectly possible for implantation, basically your tube hangs on to the fertilised egg until at least 4 DPO then releases it to the uterus , by 5 DPO some eggs will be at the hatching stage they need to be to start implantation, in fact some IVF Ladies who had 5 day transfers say they felt something a few hours later that they thought was implantation Question
As Jennifer said a lot of women still ov on the POP even when taking it properly (up to 40%)which is why they say to make sure you take it regularly preferably at the same time as it also helps stop implantation by affecting cm etc., so even if you feel you've ov'd it doesn't mean its failed as a contraceptive .
The watery pink could have been actual ov though Question , or just a bit if lining as you can sometimes lose a bit around or just after ov , a lot of women notice period type pains around then as well as the effects of progesterone thicken the lining and cause the uterus to swell slightly (i'm 5DPO and had them yesterday and this morning )
I'm presuming though when you've put February you mean March so you haven't actually missed an AF yet Question Laughing
If you did ov on the 18th of March then you'd only be 9DPO today so even now your chances of getting a BFP aren't great so I'd give it a few more days before testing again. I have realised though since I've been TTC this time that no signs or symptoms are reliable one way or the other and sometimes things like spotting just happen for no reason you can pin down xx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:15 am 
Post subject:
Jennifer256 wrote:
I have found cerazette awful for weird bleeding and spotting, especially if you miss one! I have had exact the same as you and knew it couldnt be implantation as not done the deed for ages lol its that bloody crappy pill! Also cerazette doesn't stop you ovulating some people do still ovulate on it!xx

See I never had any problems before, except weight gain. It stopped my periods from the first month, so I thought that meant it stopped ovulation?

Nat - I did mean March, lol. looking at the wrong month on my calendar, cos of course Feb and March had the same dates! I dont think it was OV spotting as the sore boobs always come after/with OV, as AF arrives 10-14 days later Question I do sometimes get cramping with ov, but only one day.

I honestly dont know what outcome I want. I know with my OH's problems, its unlikely I will be PG but I knowing there is a problem makes me cling onto any possibility. Going to test again Fri as going away the weekend so want to know if I can drink or not.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 am 
Post subject:
You never know Steph it only takes one Wink would be great in a way if it could happen as a surprise rather than have to try if you know what I mean as TTC isn't all its cracked up to be Rolling Eyes Laughing
xx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
Iv bought a superdrug test, and think im going to hold out for Saturday morning, but not too hopeful either was. I didnt get a BFP last time until I was about 4 days late, so must have low levels. Question

Im quite nervous to find out as not sure how my OH will react, and dont want it to ruin our weekend, but if im not I hope the witch stays away til later on monday Wink Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular