any advice for a picky eater...he is 2 years old

Peanut1983
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:07 pm 
Post subject: any advice for a picky eater...he is 2 years old
My son is just about 2 years old and he is so picky when it comes to food. He only eats what he wants. He wont tey anything new. Of cousrse he likes mac ans cheese...chicken nuggets..hot dogs and snacks. But he will not eat fruits or veggies. I give him veggie sticks and he likes those but thats it. And he will only eat when he wants to. Sometimes it is just a fight to even get him to eat anything. Any advice or tricks anyone has would help. He never was picky as a baby. He would eat any jar food I would give him. It all started when he got normal adult foods.
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
I have no advice, sorry... but my 3 year old won't eat for with different textures or anything that touches each other, so sauces, mixes etc are out of thwe question. Her food has to be presented to her very specifically! 2 months ago was the first time she ever ate a sandwich... only a dry bacon one but it was a breakthrough for us.

Don't panic... when you work out what he goes for, just go with it, his feeding will change as he changes.

xx

KathG
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
We are having the same problem sorry no advice. I am trying putting us all on the same healthy diet, making and effort to cook a healthy meal and all sit togething eating the same thing. Its not working though, mummy and daddy eat the healthy meal and callum refuses and normally ends up having toast. He wont even eat mashed potato anymore. Let me know if you find anything that works and good luck Smile

[/url]
Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
My lo is an awful eater too. You are not alone. I took my lo to the dr and he just said he's not thin or unhealthy so don't worry or make an issue out of it. He said he will eat eventually. And when I notice a drop in his weight or have other concerns then go back to him.

jords
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
So glad I've read this, I was about to tear my hair out. My LO goes through such odd phases with food. We are currently in the phase of refusing to eat anything. I ask him if he's ready for breakfast/lunch/dinner and he says yes, then whatever I give him he just pushes away and cries! It's so frustrating!

So I will also be looking out some useful advice anyone may have!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular