Please tell me about your newborn babies

Weasleywannabe
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:26 pm 
Post subject: Please tell me about your newborn babies
Hello,
Please could you tell me about your experiences of meeting and caring for your new born babies? I have read lots of books and seen lots on television but I was hoping for some real life experiences.

Did your healthy new born cry as soon as they were born?
Did they cry lots in the first 24 hours of life?
Did they stop crying when they were picked up?
Did they have crying spells when nothing appeared to help, you just had to comfort and cuddle them through it?
Did feeding cpmfort them?
How much did they move around when they were very new? Do they wave their arms and legs around?

Can you tell I am getting anxious about baby number 2?

Thank you
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:12 pm 
Post subject: Re: Please tell me about your newborn babies
I'll answer each for both girls, Evie was full term and a difficult baby, Poppy was prem but very laid back. We were preparing ourselves for a difficult number two, but cannot believe how completely opposite Pops is, and I honestly believe she was born chilled out!

Did your healthy new born cry as soon as they were born? Yes for both (had steroids for Pops)
Did they cry lots in the first 24 hours of life? Evie - no / Poppy - don't know (was in SCBU)
Did they stop crying when they were picked up? Evie - no, a total nightmare / Poppy - yes
Did they have crying spells when nothing appeared to help, you just had to comfort and cuddle them through it? Evie - ALL the time, we had to put her down again after a while for our own sanity / Poppy - not at all, she is not fazed by anything
Did feeding cpmfort them? Evie - no unless she was hungry but even then would not settle quickly / Poppy - this is the only time she will cry and as soon as she has the bottle she stops
How much did they move around when they were very new? Do they wave their arms and legs around? Yes to both, they were both active in an uncontrolled way. Pops has only recently found her hands (when she was about 15 weeks old) and is now starting to try to reach for things

When your baby arrives you will be surprised how much comes back to you naturally. I could remember very little from Evie's first few months, but now I have Pops I can suddenly remember Evie doing her firsts of everything.

I can honestly say, having Poppy has made us realise that having a baby does not have to be difficult but is in fact enjoyable. I won't have anymore for health reasons, but if I could and had the money AND it came out like Pops I totally would!!

xx

Weasleywannabe
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hello,
Thank you very much for your reply. That helps alot. I have never cared for a new born before so I am very nervous about the reality of it all. It seems from your reply that it depends on the baby and their temperament and personality.

I really appreciate you taking the time.

Thank you
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:58 pm 
Post subject: Re: Please tell me about your newborn babies
Weasleywannabe wrote:
Hello,
Please could you tell me about your experiences of meeting and caring for your new born babies? I have read lots of books and seen lots on television but I was hoping for some real life experiences.

Did your healthy new born cry as soon as they were born? 1st one took about 30 seconds (apparantly), this was was within a few seconds)

Did they cry lots in the first 24 hours of life? - Nope neither did, both slept lots and lots

Did they stop crying when they were picked up? - Depends on reason for crying, this second hardly ever cries (although give it time he's only 5 days old lol), the 1st one could latch so we had LOTS of screaming fits and no just cuddling couldn't resolve this he was starving bless him)

Did they have crying spells when nothing appeared to help, you just had to comfort and cuddle them through it? Yes, I think all babies get this at some point, they can't tell us what is wrong and we have to guess. I think sometimes, the world is a big bad place to them and they are just scared.

Did feeding cpmfort them? - Sometimes, but don't use food as a crutch, try other things too, you don't want to set up long term bad habits.

How much did they move around when they were very new? Do they wave their arms and legs around? - !st one was quite still most of the time, this one is a right wriggler, but then that matches what they were like in the womb too, 2 very different babies it appears Smile

Can you tell I am getting anxious about baby number 2?
- We all do, I was pterified, but now he's here its all coming back, and besides this time, its different issues that are cropping us, as I say different babies, and then you start comparing, we are our own worse enemies lol

Thank you

Don't panic, you will cope fine and there are lots of people out there that csan help. xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular