Bottles at 12 months

Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 pm 
Post subject: Bottles at 12 months
Hi girls Smile

Quickie - issy is on two bottles if milk a day -210ml each - 1 in morning wity breakie n one at night b4 bed.

When should i drop these? Would it be morning bottle first? Could she have cows milk in a sippy cup instead?

Shes a bottle lover!! Recently got her drinking more water in day by giving it her warm with tiny bit if sugarfree squash in from a beaker with straw! She loves the straw!

But shes always dieing for her milk in the morning - what do you guys do??

Pp janey???

Xx
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
my Lo is 13.5 months and up until a few weeks ago he was having two (sometime three if he woke in the night for one) bottles a day. I felt this was too much and wanted to drop as he has three full meals and snacks. So I just stopped giving the morning one and made sure he had a decent amount of breakfast. He was fine with this. Then he dropped the third on his own about three weeks ago (used to always wake for bottle at midnight or oneish but all of a sudden stopped Laughing). So now he only has one a bedtime. I would start taking away the morning one offer her an onz less until she doesnt get it at all (though dont think you have to rush, if she still wants two personally at 12 months I think thats fine she will prob drop it herself in a month or two).

[/url]
Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun x
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry not much help hun as Sophie weaned herself off bf at about 10 months. She has three meals a day and an extra cup of cows milk most days mid afternoon (when we have enough milk!) and that's it!

Maybe trying to get rid of the morning one by making her have brekkie instead so shes not missing it and diluting down the night time one gradually with more and more with water? I think lots of babies can be closer to two before they drop the night one though.

And I don't give her full fat either... Just semi skimmed! Call social services!! xxx

Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:09 am 
Post subject:
Haha good idea hun! Not full fat!!!!! Aghhhhhhhh lol
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
My son is 17 months and still has a bottle in the morning, a bottle with afternoon nap, bottle at bed and 2 sometimes 3 bottles during the night! But we are trying to stop this as he is having way too much. We want to at least swap to a beaker but he will not have any of it at the moment x
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:42 pm 
Post subject:
WHen harry was 12 months I changed to cows milk instead of giving him a bottle in the morning i gave him his breakfast with milk in a beaker, he didnt really notice the change to be honest.

AT night we would give him a bottle whilst he was having a story, half the time he wouldnt drink it so in the end we used to give him a cup of milk and a biscuit as a snack before he went up to bed.

Now he wont touch milk unless its on cereal or in a milk shake so I make sure he has yoghurts, cheese etc for his calcium and takes a multi vit +
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
both mine stil hv a bottle at night. my eldest is 25 months n he jst stoppin hvin this (his choice) n seems to only ask if he is poorly. and my youngest has one at night plus sometimes in the day if really tired and especially unwell.

however, at nursery, both get offered with snack n breakfast times, milk in a beaker. i dont mind them hvin it as its calcuim. n thats really important to growing bones.

so i wouldnt worry bout milk but if u worried bout the bottles, try putting into a beaker instead.
also neither of mine r nt a fan of water, n as i, nt keen either, i gove thm suger free squash (beaker only) i like thm to hv plenty of this as i find in particular with my eldest, it stops him getting constipated.
Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 am 
Post subject:
Thanks guys!
Shes been having a beaker of cows milk at breakfast for several weeks now. Still bottle at bedtime - still formula as decided its got lots of good things in still - the bottle is also part of tge relaxin routine for her but sure could swap to beaker n shed b fine but will wait a few months i think

X
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:13 pm 
Post subject:
Lola dropped all of her bottles by herself at 9 months. I don't see any problem with it if she was still having bottles, I'd give her milk in a beaker though if she did want it, but many people drink milk so its not so much a food for them any longer.
If you were to drop it though I just make sure Lola has milk in her breakfast and a yoghurt, cheese throughout the day and whatever else xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular