Baby sleeping with covers over her face!

xxLauraxx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:50 am 
Post subject: Baby sleeping with covers over her face!
Hello

My 4 month old has taken a liking to sleeping with her covers over her face. It scares me!!

She is too little for a grobag cause her head still falls through the head whole at the top.

Any ideas welcome on what else I can try.

Thank you
Laura xx

KathG
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
You should try not to let her sleep with the covers on her face. Try putting her feet to the bottom of cot, so she cant wriggle down and get her face under the covers, then tuck them tight over her and under the mattress, leave her hands out so she doesnt feel trapped. If that doesnt work I would buy the thicker wooly baby grows and keep heating on overnight so she doesnt get cold and put her down with out a blanket. If the room is warm enough I dont think she would get cold you could always keep her vest on or a cardigan if you thik she is cold. Not ideal but better than her having covers over her face. Smile good luck.

[/url]
Corynn
Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
My son the same exact thing on his back lol all I have to do is put the blankey to his face and his eyes roll and he is out like a rock lol.
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Don't worry about it, most babies do. I just bought a few cellular blankets (one with lots of little holes in)and put a few on her to keep her warm and just left her to it. Now that shes older she sleeps with her favorite toy (jemima puddle duck) on her face.
I'd just make sure her cot isnt near anything she can grab at because there was a baby recently who grabbed at a nappy bag and naturally like you would with a blanket put it over his face to go to sleep and you can guess the rest poor little mite!
xx
Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:16 am 
Post subject:
Yep Frankie does this too and always has, we just used to make sure that she had cellular blankets near her face, so that she would be unable to smother herself. Now I just let her get on with it! Laughing

I wouldnt worry too much, but make sure the blankets she has near her face have holes in and when she is fast asleep pull them down again if you're very concerned. I found that if I put the blanket up one side of her face she liked that nearly as much as just having it right over her face.

As you can see its a pretty common thing! When Frankie is in her carseat she has a taggy blanket when she covers her face with! She'll make do with pretty much whatever she can though - toys, my hands, my top etc Very Happy

]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular