MISCARRIED OR MISUNDERSTOOD¿?

bittersweet24
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:31 pm 
Post subject: MISCARRIED OR MISUNDERSTOOD¿?
Confused. I was 5 weeks and 4 days july 26, 2013...i started bleeding heavily and ended up in ER where i was given a pelvic exam. I was told my cervix was tightly closed but my hcg levels was at 23. He told me thAt i miscarried just to fo a follow up with my doctor. On July 30, 2013 i was seen by my ob doc, which did no justice...she basically told me the same thing, my cervix is tightly closed and i had very little bleeding left that i miscarried and shes gonna have another blood work done 8/6/13 to make sure my numbers were back down to "0" :-/ i bled for 5 days...with the first 3 1/2-4 days heavy then back to pink then nothing.....idk whether to think ive lost the baby r if im still prego. i have had no cramps bled heavily with only the norm pressure from the blood flow and only a very few small clots for a day or 2....dont know what to believe!![/b]
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 am 
Post subject:
I'm afraid there's no way to know without waiting for the blood test, a not sensitive home test (one designed for use after a missed period)might give you a clue if it still says pregnant a week after your blood levels were 23 as you'd expect them to have fallen to a level too low to be picked up by now if it was a m/c, but the blood test is better as it gives you an actual number, if that's risen you could still be pregnant if its zero then you know you're not.
It is possible to have quite heavy bleeding and still be pregnant, but at 5 weeks and 4 days then a miscarriage might just seem like a heavy period. I'm sorry you're going through this it must be very upsetting and confusing but hopefully you'll know for sure by the end of the week xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular