Very tired mummy and daddy

mrsLA
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 am 
Post subject: Very tired mummy and daddy
Hey everyone my little girl is 7 months old shes only ever slep through for a week of her life. Thing Is shes worse than she was when she was newborn. She goes to bed at 6pm will wake up about 8 go back to sleep till 10 wake up at 12 then its like every hour.

Her current routine is...:

8am..wake up then breakfast
9:40...nap for about half hourish
10am...snack
12pm...dinner followed by a short nap
2pm....snack
4pm...tea followed by a short nap
5:30pm....bottle story then bed
6pm asleep

Where are we going wrong???

Thanks
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:57 am 
Post subject:
It sounds like she doesn't know how to settle herself back to sleep. I would also think about nap times in the day and the time of bed. If she is having a short nap after 4pm and then bed at 6pm seems a bit late for a nap and close to bed. Although you can't keep them awake. How long are her naps? Because another problem is when children are over tired they can struggle to sleep.
My little man would wake at 7 and nap at about 10 for half an hour. He would then nap after lunch at about 1 for an hour to 1.5 hours. He was then put to bed at 7 in his own room. He sleeps through the night. He now just has an hours sleep at about 1pm. Also when he is teething we had some bad nights. Maybe try tackling the day time naps and help her sleep. Unfortunately lots of babies don't sleep through until at least 12 months.

You are not doing anything wrong at all so don't think that!! my son is a good sleeper but when it comes to eating is a nightmare and eats hardly anything and mealtimes are a battle. Nothing worse then lack of sleep though! They just like to put us some challenges and when they hit teen years it gets much harder!!
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
your not going wrong ive just been through this with my son! and now after some sleep traing he still wakes twice in the night! youd think as he doesnt really sleep in the day hed sleep at night....nope! some kids just arent good sleepers. my daughter was an angel at bedtime but she never ate!

wishing25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
Perhaps try cutting out her nap at 4pm? I normally dont let my son (7.5 months) go for an hour nap after 2pm if I can help it. Obviously when a baby needs sleep, they need it! But maybe try doing it all a bit earlier or cut it all together. Maybe try letting her go for a nap after her snack rather than lunch time? Difficult isnt it cause there is no right or wrong way to do it! All babies are different and their needs are different, its all about trial and error and whatever works. Have you tried taking her to docs? If she has never slept there maybe a reason that needs investigating?
My routine for my LO is:

7am - wake and bottle, he has never wanted brekkie first thing just milk!
8:30am breakfast followed by some play time
9:30am milk then an hour (sometimes hour and a half!) nap
10:30am snack with juice
12:30 lunch with juice
2:30pm playtime, milk then nap for half hour / hour
4:00pm tea with juice
6:00pm, bath, milk, stories and then bed for 6:30pm

He has slept through the night since he was 8 weeks old so I am very fortunate but even after his weaning and change of routine, he is doing great. He still has loads of milk compared to other babies his age but until he shows signs of stopping I am continuing to give him what he wants.

You have to do whatever you think is best hun x

StaceyRD
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:08 pm 
Post subject:
George is 15 months and only just learning to sleep through, giant yawn!!

I would agree the naps are too close to sleep, could you distract as much as possible to make the first nap later and hope she doesn't have the second, or do all you can to make the second earlier or not let her have one at all? I know it's difficult, bet we have all been there xx

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
I love my sleep! And cannot deal with lack of it lol! My two both followed

7.30 bottle
8.30 breakfast
10.00 snack
10.30 nap 1-1.5 hours
12/12.30 lunch
2.00 nap 1 hour
Snack either before or after nap but never later than 3 ish
4.30/5 Tea
6.30 bath bottle bed (in bed for 7.15/7.30)

Archie was a bit of a git sleeping but I found consistency worked for us. Charlotte 12 hours from 10 weeks xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular