Afternoon Bottle?

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:45 am 
Post subject: Afternoon Bottle?
Hello all.. I was just wondering at what age did you cut out your lo afternoon bottle? and how did you do it?
My little girl is 10 months old and she didn't have her afternoon bottle yesterday (1st time) which she didn't see bothered about should I start stopping it now?
I think what worries me is the health visitor said (at 7 month check up) that I should start getting rid of it but lo seems to love it! Any advice appreciated.. thanks for reading. Xxx

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:19 am 
Post subject:
My little girl was probably about the same age 10 months, we just replaced it with a snack on an afternoon instead x

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Honestly don't panic remember that solids are going to replace milk. I just let my little boy let me know when he didn't want it. If after a week of refusing a certain bottle I just stopped giving him it. He wasn't interested in milk at all by at least 11 months. As long as she is getting calcium etc from other foods don't worry at all. As for what the health visitor says all babies are different and do what you feel is right for your little one.
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
Lola dropped all of her bottles within a week at 9 months, she was never really into milk as it was but if she had carried on i'd just let her drop them in her own time and if she still wanted milk from a beaker in the day at 2 i'd still let her!
Maybe this is her way of showing you Smile
I must warn you though as soon as Lola dropped her milk her sleep routine went with it for a long while :/ xx
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
My LO dropped it herself at about 9/10 months.....I was trying to give her a jar of food, little pudding and then a bottle! No wonder she refused the milk haha!

I thought it was about this age that they stop wanting so much milk as they are beginning to eat more solids but I always kind of went with my own instincts over the HV and even though I was told to take it away I just let me LO decide when she didn't want it. She wasn't a huge eater so I gave her the milk to make sure she was getting enough....when she started to refuse her afternoon bottle it was clear she wasnt hungry.

xx
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:56 pm 
Post subject:
Before i was worried because she used it to go to sleep with and when health visitor told me to stop it she screamed blue murder when i didnt give her it those couple of days so i put it back!
Now she goes to sleep without it so you think i should knock it off and introduce a snack and a beaker of cows milk? What sorts of snacks do you give? As she will be going from 1.30-5.30? So i dont want to be starving her Confused
Thankyou for all you advice too Very Happy Xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Yes a beaker of milk Smile
I give Lola everything now, fruit, banana loaf, malt loaf, shes obsessed with cheese, raisins, whatever really
I found giving her a snack between this time made Lola not eat her tea though which is weird because i couldnt cope without food for that long haha
So i tend to give her tea slightly earlier and give her a supper of like weatabix with yoghurt before bed. (i was told to give her lots of dairy as she dropped her bottles so early) xx
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:31 am 
Post subject:
Flick was breastfed so a bit different but she was completely off the breast by 12 months. Leading up to that I slowly replaced a breast feed with a snack, usually a yogurt or some cheese to make sure she had enough calcium.
Don't panic, you are the baby's mummy and you will know when the time is right xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular