Baby snack

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:13 am 
Post subject: Baby snack
Does everyone give their babies snacks in the day? There are so many finger food biscuits and crisps available. We haven't been giving LO anything like that as we don't tend to eat snack food ourselves. She's just been having 3 meals a day. Just mentioning it because OH took her out with some other babies yesterday and when they sat down all the other parents started getting baby biscuits out of their changing bags. Someone gave LO one so she wasn't without but OH felt really guilty that she didn't have anything.

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi Heath

Yes I give my baby and toddler snacks but only twice a day - mid morning and mid afternoon. Basically when they stopped having milk at those times I substituted with snacks. I give them bits of fruit or baby biscuits and crisps occasionally, not a lot just enough to keep them going until the next meal!

Babies and children use up a lot of energy so they need to eat regularly every 2-3 hours really.
Hope this helps!
xxx

KathG
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think you should feel guilty if she was hungry she would let you know - so obviously the three meals a day was working for her. I found my LO is a little and often sort of person so I do give him snack between meals, but he is a fussy eater and eats next to nothing for breakfast and sometimes refuses lunch too (hmmm maybe that the snacks doing that lol). If you want to give her a wee snack then go for it, but if she has been fine up until now with three meals and no snacks you could equally leave it. Do what works for you and don't stress or feel guilty. If she is hungry she will let you know.

[/url]
Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
mine asks for food constantly!
He will have a big breakfast e.g. slice of toast, small bowl of cereal and some berries
within an hour he asks for fruit e.g. a banana
An hour later he wants a yoghurt
Lunch is usually nibbles because he has had so many snacks he is not hungry
Afternoon after a sleep he wants milk and biscuits
He will ask for food while I cook tea
He will have a small tea
He will try and pinch my dinner
He will have rice pudding and milk before bed

Big Boy!
bertgabby
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:55 am 
Post subject:
If your baby's happy without the snacks, then you have nothing to feel guilty about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular