mastitus

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:55 pm 
Post subject: mastitus
Has anyone had it. Just posted on FB about how cack I feel (seem to have come out with a dreadful chesty cough and cold) didn't think much of it apart from my immune system is probably quite low right now but my SIL suggested it might be mastitus.

Has anyone had it?

My boobs do feel quite hard and warm (but then I haven't expressed much today because I feel so cack), and of course its Friday so nothing I can do till Monday. Anyone know any ither symptoms, these are the ones I have but they are so generic:-

Feel tired (derrr I just had a baby and major surgery lol)
Chesty Cough
Runny nose
Boobs hard and warm
Feel hot (although I feel like I have a temp I don't)

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
If it is mastitis you need to express you milk until your boobs are empty - dont leave any hard lumps.

I would do that ASAP - A warm bath and massaging your boobs should help too.

I wouldnt ignore it because Mastitis can be nasty if left.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Mastitis/Pages/Introduction.aspx
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
Raspich wrote:
If it is mastitis you need to express you milk until your boobs are empty - dont leave any hard lumps.

I would do that ASAP - A warm bath and massaging your boobs should help too.

I wouldnt ignore it because Mastitis can be nasty if left.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Mastitis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Thnx Raspich, I just expressed, ok I don't feel any better although my boobs feel a bit lighter lol. We'll see I think its just a cold, my toddler has had a cough for a few days and my immune system must be quite low. xxx

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
Well hopefully if it was the beginnings you've got rid early! If not - hope you feel better soon.

I know you cant really take anything when ur BF but I sometimes have calpol if I'm feeling [*@!#%*], my thoughts are if they can have it - I must be able to. I also find sleep (I know not the easiest thing with a newborn) is the best healer!

FX
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
I highly doubt you have mastitis because I've heard its very painful so you would know about it!
My boobs were hot when I was breastfeeding.
There is a bug currently going round housing the exact symptoms you're describing, my Lola has had it for 4 days now and she's in bits unable to sleep, coughing her guts up, feels boiling but has no temperature what so ever. I've just taken her to out of hours and they said to keep her on calpol and nurofen but no cough medicine because they're trying to get rid of it now as it acts as a placebo and doesn't work.
So dose yourself up and get some rest Smile xxx
Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:19 am 
Post subject:
When I had mastitis just after Ryley was born I felt like I had the flu. My head was spinning, I ached all over to the extent that I couldnt move without being in loads of pain and my boobs were really full and painful. It only lasted 24 hours and I was told by the health visitor if it lasts longer than that you have to see the doctor.

I just kept feeding Ry to try and empty my milk out and it seemed to work.

Hope you feel better soon x

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
I had it when faith was 3 months.it was like the worst flu ever I could nor get warm, I was shivering so bad when I was in bed my teeth shook. It was awful. I felt so so ill. I didn't have any pain I just felt seriously seriously ill. I actually found mastitis worse than labour as I felt so ill I thought I was going to die!! I went to the drop in centre and got stone serious anti biotics, went to bed in between expressing as much as possible and it went

Good luck x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:25 am 
Post subject:
well wasn't mastitus, I ended up in A&E sat night as I couldn;t breathe (literally) and the out of hours doc feared a blood clot.

However turned out to be a serious chest infection, so after being pumped full of iv paracetomol and coedine they finally let me go home in the early hours of the morning. The feeling of suffocation and not being able to breathe will live with me forever Sad

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
Oh my God! I'm glad your okay!

There's some horrible bugs going about. Take care of yourself.
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
oh god! glad your ok. hope your taking it easy xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular